Primed and ready

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Primed and ready

Postby Chris_Heilong » Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Primed and ready to paint, will be going for white, not sure if it should be gloss or matte.

So far so good, the light in the room was poor so am picking up ISO artifacts.
Will update soon.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: Primed and ready

Postby goz_83 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:25 pm

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Oh I took a snap of my FTO today. Will post it up soon for you to do your artwork on it.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sun May 27, 2012 12:26 am

Here they are painted, I did use clear coat in the end.

will hopefully have time to install before work tomorrow.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:26 am

Did you do a 3+ coats of white? Could be the flash, but in parts, it's almost like I can see through to the primer. Could be perfect in normal light.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sun May 27, 2012 4:39 pm

yeah 3 coats, Id say its shadow on the bottom part because it looks fine in normal light, it did get a few scraps when I was installing it which pissed me off but my goal was to add colour to the interior and its doing its job in this regard. If I do it again I would use white primer just incase but the primer I used was free from my sisters car which she never used so cant complain.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:14 pm

I sprayed the aircon control unit silver in the gr. I think it finishes the job properly and if you do that, it'll give you an opportunity to fix the install scratches, which also happened to me :(

I dont think i will bother spraying the gpx centre console though.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 pm

so here it is all installed, wont be doing that again in a hurry, everytime I put the Central console down and picked it up there was a fresh scratch even though I was being careful.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:27 pm

That's looking great Chris. I haven't seen it driving around though. Has it been off the road? I would have expected to hear that fto blasting past the office, scaring the bejaysus outa my clients.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed May 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Off the road ATM, got the timing belt kit, waterpump and allied Nippon Break pads which I am going to get Paul Nolan to install, just no tax or insurance at the moment, Pay day Friday week so should have it on the road around then.
Chris_Heilong

Return to General FTO Discussion