RTE 1 last night

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

RTE 1 last night

Postby adrian » Wed May 28, 2003 10:07 am

Did any of you watch that programme on RTE one last night about the accidents on Irish Roads? It was pretty chilling. Take it easy out there everyone.

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Re: RTE 1 last night

Postby soc » Wed May 28, 2003 11:41 am

adrian wrote:Did any of you watch that programme on RTE one last night about the accidents on Irish Roads? It was pretty chilling. Take it easy out there everyone.

A

Yea I saw some of it. Scary stuff. But I'm a big believer in driving smart - don't speed in dangerous conditions (heavy rain, fog etc.) or dangerous places (roads you don't know, built up areas etc.)

Although that said id can happen to anyone - my mother was hit head on by a guy driving on the wrong side of the road - she was half up on the grass verge on her side when he hit her so his entire car was on the wrong side of the white line - she was lucky that she was in a Volvo 850 and he was in a fiesta. He didn't come off well - 2xbroken legs, broken pelvis and some other injuries... he was also lucky my mother wasn't really hurt bad cause he wouldn't have been doing much breathing if she was.... they reckon he was pissed, he was never tested cause he went to hospital unconcious and he claims he couldn't remember anything about the accident and then had the nerve to sue my mother's insurance company. It makes you wonder what the hell goes on in some peoples minds!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion