[EVENT] Custom & Performance Site Battle [2006]

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Postby CJ » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:41 am

kevinod wrote:I called up and had a look around, got there around 2, found lots of parked FTOs but no FTO owners.

Kevin, We were standing over across from the cars, I thought I saw you and called your name twice - no answer so I assumed it was a case of mistaken identity (were you carrying a plastic bag?).

Great day (if a little drawn out a times due to confusion over what was happening on the track!) but the FTOs got a lot of attention which was a good PR excercise in itself. Some good times were put out on the track, post up your times lads! (IIRC, best 0-60 was drawn between Russman and MFFTO - 6.42secs, don't remember 1/4 miles though). I'll get some pics up soon, if you've any good ones, send 'em on.

Big up to MfFTO and his better half for looking after us, my guts are only starting to recover from the 2kg of BBQ meat I ingested on Saturday night!

Didn't get to meet IrishGirl or Mille but it good to meet up with all you other guys.

Russman, wheres me Tshirts! ;)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:14 am

6 FTO's in the 1/4 mile - Mille, Irishgirl, ikeane, JayVR, Russman and meself.

All my runs were in the 14's with a fastest 1/4 mile time of 14.79 - I'll pick up the exact results for everyone today from Sleek FX and let ye know.

The 1/4 mile itself wasn't as well run as last year - just too many cars to cope - hope they limit the number of cars next time around. Goes to show there is a serious market for a 1/4 mile strip in this neck of the woods.
Last year I got around 16 runs - this year I got 4 so I was pretty happy to have knocked .2 sec off last years time - a couple of more runs though and I reckon 14.5 would have been acheivable.

Thanks to all who attended the BBQ on Saturday night - great craic as usual with these FTO meet nights - it was a night to remember but one which I probably won't be able to. :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby RussMan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:22 am

Great day out must say....

Bad news comes in 3 though!!!

1) My car is manky
2) I got a speeding ticket on the way home and 2 penalty points
3) I've got a new light on my dash and a creak from the front end

All worth it though.

My best sprint was 14.97 which i was happy enough with... considering the amount of crap in my car :)

Great to meet everyone again.

CJ - Going to update T-Shirt post later... i had to run at the end... My two babies needed to get home for a sleep and a well deserved cuddle !!! :)
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:27 am

RussMan wrote:My best sprint was 14.97 which i was happy enough with... considering the amount of crap in my car :)

That was an amazing run considering the fact not only did you not strip the car - but you actually added weight with all the muck - was very funny seeing you turf all the stuff out on the side of the track before your final run. :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:38 am

have a look over on the UK FTO owner clubs 1/4 mile table, looks like we're pretty much up there in comparison!

i've no doubt that MyfeckinFTO could have gotten a better time, each run was getting better!!

that was the only down fall of the day was the the 1/4 mile wasn't run too well, there was a lot of waiting around and it did get a bit tiresome, but all in all it was a great weekend, the BBQ was quality, i've never seen someone to consume as much food as CJ did!! at least it was food this time and not booze like our previous adventures!! :lol:

I'd also like to say a big thanks to MfFTO and his better half as well(for bringing the beers :wink: ) for putting the BBQ together and organising the B&B's etc!!

the FTO "stand" in the show and shine section seemed to have gone down pretty well with a lot of people checking out the cars, especially CJ's ITG!!!!

MfFTO - did you get the video from your mate in the jeep, there was a couple of decent mivec driveby's that i'd say would have sounded quality!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:55 am

What a brilliant way to spend a weekend!

Big thanks to the host & hostess of Saturdays BBQ, it was nothing short of brilliant.. I didn't get much cleaning done on the car which clearly showed through-out the sunday..(kinda let the side down a bit, but then on the other hand it made the other FTOs look even better!)

Pinky sure got ALOT of attention on the Sunday - as did Daves Blue Monster (Cookie Monster ;-) ) and CJs Gpx...

Was great to see the Lads & Lady on the track givin' it sticks.. I think we all know how little was actually left of the Silver-Bare-Bummed GPX that did runs in the late 14s - I wondered if it still had things like wipers & sprinkler water/reservoir & pumps...but I forgot to ask..

Thanks to all for a great meet - I really enjoyed myself..

Russ - we must meet up and sort the Tee situation..
Irish Girl - u totally should have flamed those hay bales ;-)
Myfeckin' fecker - Awesome BBQ, thanks bro!
CJ & Dave - Looks like we've got ourselves a convey, 10-4 Rubber duck!..

To those of you that didn't make it - you really missed out, hopefully you'll be able to make it next time around :-)
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby kevinod » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:26 am

CJ wrote:
kevinod wrote:I called up and had a look around, got there around 2, found lots of parked FTOs but no FTO owners.

Kevin, We were standing over across from the cars, I thought I saw you and called your name twice - no answer so I assumed it was a case of mistaken identity (were you carrying a plastic bag?).

No plastic bag so wasn't me I guess.

Ah well, worth the visit up there for the show anyway, I'll have to catch up with ye next time.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby elaine » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:02 pm

We both had a great time and the BBQ was great thanks for a great sat night and for booking the B+B , Its a nice part of the world down there . Also sunday was good fun but was a long day , nice to meet you all again , all i wanted to know is the speed limit , ye are mad B***** ONCE AGAIN THANKYOU ALL FOR AGREAT WEEKEND AND AS ALWAYS MAKING US FEEL WELCOME :D :
elaine
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:05 pm

kevinod wrote:
CJ wrote:

No plastic bag so wasn't me I guess.

Ah well, worth the visit up there for the show anyway, I'll have to catch up with ye next time.

Kev - were you wearing a red top? could also have been your jacket you were carrying?

and Elaine, lucky for us it was all private road from MyfFTO's place to the racecourse!! :lol:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:30 pm

elaine wrote:We both had a great time and the BBQ was great thanks for a great sat night and for booking the B+B , Its a nice part of the world down there . Also sunday was good fun but was a long day , nice to meet you all again , all i wanted to know is the speed limit , ye are mad B***** ONCE AGAIN THANKYOU ALL FOR AGREAT WEEKEND AND AS ALWAYS MAKING US FEEL WELCOME :D :

Speed limits only apply to the Gardai in that Region of Ireland :-) everybody else can get out their mivecs and slap people with them.. :-)

We weren't going THAT fast - most of the cars in the convoy are still restricted ;-)
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby IrishGirl » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:48 pm

I had a good day yesterday.

It was a bit crap tough waiting on the 1/4mile to start and not actually knowing when we were actually up – And then some of guys only got 1 - 2 runs 1st off and then were told to pull into the pit for the site battle. I was lucky and I got 3 runs :lol:

My 1st run after the test run I got 0 – 60 is 8.8 secs and 16.68 for the 1/4mile – done the worse gear changes ever and was slow off the line - then on my next time round I got 0 – 60 is 6.6 and 15.01 and that was by best time of the day.. Pretty good I think for a non-mivec with 18 wheels and a full boot.

My times weren’t as good on the site battle – I thought if I brung the car higher up in the revs I might actually get a quicker time – But how mistaken was I (That’s a lack of experience for ya) – I lost and extra 1 - 2 secs from doing that but it’s a learning experience and I’ll no better for again.

I never got to meet CJ, Dave or Elaine but the 4 cars looked really well parked up together even yours Maud :wink: .
I got a good few picy’s of the cars together which I must get posted up and the banner looked really well aswell especially on dave’s car, the colours went well together.

It was nice to get to meet everyone and put faces to the names. Special thanks to Russman for the T-shirts, they are a top class job and to Maud for letting me know what my times where :D .

Did anyone go to the after party?

I left straight after the site battle - Had a long drive home and was knackered as I had been up since 7am
IrishGirl
Octane king
Octane king

Postby JayVersion"R" » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:28 pm

Well done to everyone who took part in yesterdays events. It was nice meeting people for the first time from the Forum. Great bunch of folks, I must say, all the more Reason to attend more meets and buy FTO's :wink: . Great craic on the day but I agree very long and a bit unorganised. Naa speed limits don't apply here, myself and MyfeckinFTO upset a few cars on the way home and one particular civic wasn't pleased at all
:twisted:
JayVersion"R"
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:49 pm

JayVersion"R" wrote:Well done to everyone who took part in yesterdays events. It was nice meeting people for the first time from the Forum. Great bunch of folks, I must say, all the more Reason to attend more meets and buy FTO's :wink: . Great craic on the day but I agree very long and a bit unorganised. Naa speed limits don't apply here, myself and MyfeckinFTO upset a few cars on the way home and one particular civic wasn't pleased at all
:twisted:

He bought a Civic - shows what he knows ;-)

(me=former civic driver...)

Oh I guess the official photos from the Race course will be up here within a couple of days..

http://www.customandperformancecarshow. ... ow/&var2=1
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby Mille » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:05 pm

Great way to spend a Sunday , it definetly beat watching F1 on the box for the afternoon.

The 4 cars at the show and shine did us all proud. They looked the business and judging by the amout of attention they got I'd say there would definatley be alot more people adding them to their wishlist !

I overheard a group of lads while I was waiting n de queue at supermacs
discussing there fav car at the show and the "BLUE FTO" came out tops.

Unfortunately I missed ye guys at the show and shine I went over to the cars a couple of times but could not find anyone

At least i got to meet some faces at the 1/4 mile. Great meeting ye guys and hope to see ye again in the not too distant future

Russman thanks for the t-shirt cant wait to wear it :D
Mille
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:31 pm

The offical full results will be displayed on the timers website - they are not up yet but I'll post the link when they are.

If I had run a 14.79 last year I would have won my class and beaten 2 Teg R's -

http://www.theresults.co.uk/TheCustomnP ... _Class.pdf
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:23 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:If I had run a 14.79 last year I would have won my class and beaten 2 Teg R's

You ain't gonna be happy Mr Gibbions! They musta got it wrong, I saw the 14.79 with me own eyes.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ikeane » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:02 am

Had a wicked day myself, nothing like a new experience. Got a chance to see a few other fto's up close. As far as I know my best was 15.15 so looking forward to beating that in the future.

BIG THANKS to Irishgirl for the loan of the helmet, I owe ya. Was on the verge of starting ot the start of the class 1 queue and begging for the loan of one.

Would love to have been with the convoy of fto's tearing it up....next time.
ikeane
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby JayVersion"R" » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:22 am

Here are some images taken on the day:

I have quite a few more and some video footage aswell as soon as I get it all sorted out I'll stick it up
JayVersion"R"
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:33 am

i wouldn't mind seeing some of that video footage!! i'd say they are class!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JayVersion"R" » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:55 am

Dave wrote:i wouldn't mind seeing some of that video footage!! i'd say they are class!

Putting it together at the moment, quality aint the best but defo a keep sake, got some great shots of your beast too.
JayVersion"R"
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:07 pm

JayVersion"R" wrote:
Dave wrote:i wouldn't mind seeing some of that video footage!! i'd say they are class!

Putting it together at the moment, quality aint the best but defo a keep sake, got some great shots of your beast too.

happy days!! it seems to have gone down well alright!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:12 pm

See here Dave:

http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2 ... php?t=4115

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:04 pm

CJ wrote:

See here Dave:

http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2 ... php?t=4115

CJ

no, i was talking about the footage from the jeep that Jay's missus was driving when we were en route to the racecourse....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Aidan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:58 pm

grrrr.....I'm raging that I missed it. Had a few too many the night before and felt a bit dodgy that morning.
I didn't want to risk driving all the way to Limerick with alcohol still in my system.
Aidan
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby ikeane » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:03 pm

TheJaff wrote:I didn't want to risk driving all the way to Limerick with alcohol still in my system.

Wise man. Been breathalised twice in the last month. My only worry is getting caught the next morning :roll:
ikeane
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

PreviousNext

Return to Irish FTO meets