Meath Newbie

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Meath Newbie

Postby gazmcg89 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello all Gary here new to Fto's but no stranger to Mitsubishi's have had quite a few

Picked up a tip Fto earlier for a run around good runner not the prettiest but does the job

Also have a long term Mirage project with Gsr engine

Have had a few mivecs in the past too

gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Re: Meath Newbie

Postby Sebastian » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 am

:wel happy posting

is it a Mivec?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby gazmcg89 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:41 am

No its not its just the 2litre v6 which doesnt really bother me tbh . As a run around its perfect comfortable auto not bad on petrol and cheap to buy what more do you want :D
gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Postby StewyD32 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:26 pm

:smt006
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby Mick ah » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Welcome to the club.

I hope she keeps running well for you!
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby gazmcg89 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Cheers Mick gentleman to deal with
gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:37 am

Welcome to the club. If you need any help, feel free to ask. That's a fine fto you have. If you need parts, such as a drivers door, you can ask myself, or Gerry who have the bits and are near you. Gerry has a black one, so might be your best bet.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby gazmcg89 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:45 pm

Can anyone shed any light on the system ? I know about the range of quad systems blueflame did but can find nothing to tell me what mine is

gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Kace » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Looks like Mongoose to me. I have the same.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby gazmcg89 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:37 pm

It says blueflame on the top of the tips
gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Postby gazmcg89 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Never mind saw it listed on camskill . Its a bluefame exhaust alright

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m3b0s11p465/C ... pipe_-_FTO
gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Postby brccrx » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Welcome to FTO Ireland Gary, what happen to Gsr Asti You had a while back?
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby gazmcg89 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Still have it Seb it sat up for about a year and a half while I was away the clutch springs did not appreciate it too much now needs a clutch so will be done soon .
gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Postby brccrx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:53 am

Maybe the clutch slave cylinder give trouble?
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby gazmcg89 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Its funny you say that Seb because the slave through out its Piston but after it was put back together the clutch would not engage what so ever tried bleeding etc . Its a sh1te set up on the gearbox the way the slave is set up anyway its not where it wants to sit naturally at all the holes that were tapped are a good bit off . I have a 1.3 box with Mivec lsd there that will be fitted when i manage to drop the box and inspect
gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Postby mivecrx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:16 pm

gazmcg89 wrote:Its funny you say that Seb because the slave through out its Piston but after it was put back together the clutch would not engage what so ever tried bleeding etc . Its a sh1te set up on the gearbox the way the slave is set up anyway its not where it wants to sit naturally at all the holes that were tapped are a good bit off . I have a 1.3 box with Mivec lsd there that will be fitted when i manage to drop the box and inspect

The slave never bleeds right as it's facing down and the air gets trapped, try using a vacuum breeder or even an oil sucker will work. Where the two bolts are holding it down put some washers or a nut under the slave cylinder to rise it, especially the one on the arm side. I made a longer slave arm for mine just to make sure it was pushing the fork far enough.

What clutch are u using?
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby gazmcg89 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:58 pm

Its a Mivec clutch in it afaik . Seb did the work for the last owner and knows better exactly whats in there . Yeah i thought about using a washer but they have tapped across into what looks like the 1.3 slave mounting points on the side if that makes sense cant see that lasting long term ? the slave was bleeding maybe not properly but surely some sort of pedal would have returned if it was something so simple ?
gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Postby brccrx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:12 pm

Its Rs clutch Gary, this should outlast organic Exedy :)

I had this problem with Dave varsion R a few days ago when after engine conversion. It seemed ftucked slave cylinder as we flushed the whole system, it turned out the fluid Dave brought with him was containing water and when we used my fluid and flushed the system again bang the clutch works grand!
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby mivecrx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:23 pm

gazmcg89 wrote:Its a Mivec clutch in it afaik . Seb did the work for the last owner and knows better exactly whats in there . Yeah i thought about using a washer but they have tapped across into what looks like the 1.3 slave mounting points on the side if that makes sense cant see that lasting long term ? the slave was bleeding maybe not properly but surely some sort of pedal would have returned if it was something so simple ?

I know what you mean, I tapped down threw the original holes for the slave cylinder, they go into box horizontal and the new ones are going threw them vertically. If the thread is good it will hold no problem, if not get a longer bolt and put a nut underneath if it fits.

If your getting a new clutch get Exedy, I've a 3puk in mine and its's serious. My mate has been using an Exedy organic for 2year and it's still working well.

As for for having no pedal at all, that could well be the slave cylinder or air. If you don't have any tool for bleeding then undo the cylinder and bolt it back into the standard position( you will have to leave turbo pipe off). Bleed it the two person way and see if you get a pedal back.
mivecrx

Postby gazmcg89 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:11 am

Have tried 2man bleed already mate . I just cannot see it being a slave problem it is operating as normal after being put back together . The clutch fork looks like its sitting miles away from where it should normally to me anyway . I got absolutely no resistance in the pedal while bleeding . The clutch is stuck as if the pedal is pressed
gazmcg89
Octane king
Octane king

Return to Introduce yourself