my insurance went down and im a lad

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

my insurance went down and im a lad

Postby johntony » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:19 pm

just got my renewl in the post today im 23 3 years ncb 2 points fully comp when i did it online it was 2000 that was four hundred more than i paid last year fully comp on a gx my quote today on a gpvr inport 1200 that four hundred less than last year i am amazed by this especially since so many people here have been sayin there quotes have gone up good aul quinn always suprises me :D
GPvR AREO
johntony
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: my insurance went down and im a lad

Postby colm_mcm » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:37 pm

yup, my renewal notice was €750 less than the quote I did a month ago. :ll
colm_mcm

Postby soc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:53 am

I think there is still some real inconsistencies with insurance quotes. I moved from Axa to Hibernian in Sept 08 cause Axa wanted 1150 fully comp on the TT. Hibernian did fully comp for 560 - when I went back to Axa they told me the TT was in their top group yet Hibernian told me they base it on cc :shock: As a test I quoted with Axa for an E46 M3 - they came in at 1230 fully comp - I did same with Hibernian and they came in at 1280 fully comp. Go figure!!!

So yesterday I quoted on 123.ie on a range of cars including an M3 - amazingly the quote (underwritten by travellers) was only 830 full comp with protected NCB :shock:

Insurance in Ireland is just bizarre
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby dcfto » Tue May 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Got my renewal quote in the door from quinn and it was down 400 squids to 1200. I did a bit of shopping around before it arrived and they were all either 1600 and above. Was delighted when it arrived in. 23yo, 2 years ncb.

On another (sour) note. I had a letter in the door from fbd. I was obvioulsy shopping around this time last year and they sent me a letter with a reference number on it to ring up and get a quote, which I did. I went through the whole process of confirming details and giving additional info only to be told they dont insure 'High Performance Vehicles'!!
Why would they bother sending me out the letter if they were not prepared to offer me a quote??!! :roll:

Do they not have to issue a quote by law regardless? I was thinking of sending in a complaint...
dcfto
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby colm_mcm » Tue May 05, 2009 7:31 pm

dcfto wrote: from fbd...... they dont insure 'High Performance Vehicles'!!
Why would they bother sending me out the letter if they were not prepared to offer me a quote??!! :roll:

"No Nonsense" me hole.
colm_mcm

Return to Motor Insurance