Importing from the UK could be an option?

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Importing from the UK could be an option?

Postby adrian » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:55 pm

Lads and Lasses,

Just saw this on the UK OC forum:

http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4916

WOW, only problem is the colour....for me anyway. Called the Revenue, this car on the road in Ireland would set me back € 16,800, which is dear enough. Only thing is though that if you are importing a car from the UK that is registered in the UK you dont pay VAT...you do on a car from Japan. The VRT of this car is € 4212 and the asking price in Euro is €12,600.

Still, would mean a trip to the UK to pick it up too.

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:27 pm

That is one nice GPvR and its had plenty done to it to boot. With regard to the price, if you get one in from Japan, it won't be anywhere near the spec of that model in terms of aftermarket mods. Looks like a very viable option to me. You could get a cheap flight over and just drive it back.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:12 pm

true, but thinking about it I would go for it probably if it was ANY other colour. White just doesn't do it for me personally and it's alotta cash to fork out for a car thats just not what I want. Jesus, the spec is amazing and don't mean to appear uneducated saying about the colour putting me off but....it does.

No :r intended!!

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby soc » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:23 pm

adrian wrote:true, but thinking about it I would go for it probably if it was ANY other colour. White just doesn't do it for me personally and it's alotta cash to fork out for a car thats just not what I want. Jesus, the spec is amazing and don't mean to appear uneducated saying about the colour putting me off but....it does.

No :r intended!!

A

Buy it and then get it resprayed :)

Seriously though - if I was in the market and was prepared to spend 18K on an FTO I'd be looking at something like this....... sure it must have had a couple of grand spent on it already. Serious spec for the money!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:35 pm

shane wrote:
Buy it and then get it resprayed :)

Seriously though - if I was in the market and was prepared to spend 18K on an FTO I'd be looking at something like this....... sure it must have had a couple of grand spent on it already. Serious spec for the money!

If you look closely at it thou it isn't a leather interiour just the two front seats the door cards and central storage(cd changer) box are untouched and if you notice no pic's of the rear seats so i'm guessing they will still be standard and it does have several mod but not that many i have more myself, but it still looks like a very very good buy for E17k
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Ivan E » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:51 pm

Adrian mine is very similar in outside look. Mine is also a manual. I don't know if you have tried any manuals yet but if you want I can organise to show you mine and give you a spin so you can both see and get an indication of how it would drive.

Might make the decision going over to the UK easier. Because if when you see it up close, you still don't like the colour etc it may not be worth the trip.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby adrian » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:37 pm

Very decent of ya Ivan, cheers :wink:

I'll have a think about it, but kinda have my heart set on a facelift with colour preference in the order silver, deep blue, red, black.

Cheers again,

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Ivan E » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:35 am

No problem Adrian. I also have a facelift type front bumper which really does add to the look of the car and gives it an added look in comparison to the standard (everything else is standard though).
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:00 am

Ivan E wrote:No problem Adrian. I also have a facelift type front bumper which really does add to the look of the car and gives it an added look in comparison to the standard (everything else is standard though).

Whay year is your car Ivan? Just wondering if the bumper was put on afterwards. I'm still waiting for pics ;)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ivan E » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:43 pm

It's a '95. Not sure if it was on it originally but the bumper was damaged when I went to view it and the guy in the garage was getting it replaced so I got a new front cone basically. Because its so low to the ground its open for damage like that so i tend to have to watch it.

Its really just a different front bumper but it does add to the looks.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to General FTO Discussion