Steering wheels

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Steering wheels

Postby soc » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:02 am

Thinking of a new steering wheel - not sure what size to go for.

Options are 320mm or 350mm - anyone know what size the standard non-airbag wheel is? I'd like something a little smaller.

I'm looking at this steering wheel - what do you guys think of it????? Only $117 - so the price is good.

And what about the hub kits - I know these are specific to the car (to fit the steering column) but is the fitment for the steering wheel standard??

Cheers
Shane
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:56 am

Go for 350mm, 320mm is way too small unless you're intending on going rallying. Thats not a bad price for the Momo, factor in another 40 quid or so for the hub. A Momo hub fits a Momo wheel, full stop.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:10 pm

CJ wrote:Go for 350mm, 320mm is way too small unless you're intending on going rallying. Thats not a bad price for the Momo, factor in another 40 quid or so for the hub. A Momo hub fits a Momo wheel, full stop.

Ciaran

Cheers ciaran, i'll get the hub from the UK (demon tweeks or funky or somewhere like that).

Btw, if anyone is interested - momo steering wheels at US outlet prices on www.shopmomo.com
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:19 pm

shane wrote:Btw, if anyone is interested - momo steering wheels at US outlet prices on www.shopmomo.com

They've a good selection there, Shane have you compared prices with others, how do they fare?

Daz, they have your Tornado up there as well:

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:31 pm

CJ wrote:
They've a good selection there, Shane have you compared prices with others, how do they fare?

Ciaran

The ones in the outlet store are cheap as chips but a limited selection.

Here's a comparison:

Momo Top Power: Demon Tweeks @ €180 (ex vat), shopmomo outlet @ $128 (big saving).

I suppose it depends on how much delivery is :?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:49 pm

Guys - go for Colin at www.motorsportworld.com. Just bought a Momo driver and Hub. Easy to install and looks good. Only problem for me is that even the 350mm wheel feels tiny in comparison to the original.

Getting used to it though.
KC
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:07 am

yeah he's a sound bloke alright, and i reckon is cheap enough when it comes to the more expensive wheels, the millenium is $275 and £154 so not much difference really.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:12 am

CJ wrote:
shane wrote:Btw, if anyone is interested - momo steering wheels at US outlet prices on www.shopmomo.com

Daz, they have your Tornado up there as well:

Ciaran

OH YES :!: :!: :!: :!: SWEET :!: :!: I had contacted MOMO themselves and got a mail back saying that they didn't produce that wheel anymore, i can see my next project taking shape, Thanks lads :twisted: :twisted:

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Daz » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:01 am

Daz wrote:
OH YES :!: :!: :!: :!: SWEET :!: :!: I had contacted MOMO themselves and got a mail back saying that they didn't produce that wheel anymore, i can see my next project taking shape, Thanks lads :twisted: :twisted:

Daz...

Dammit :( They only ship inside the usa, they won't send it internationally, but i have contacted they anyway to see waht they say.

Daz...
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Daz » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:40 pm

Ah well they got back to me, here is there reply

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 3:39 PM
To: Cockroft, David
Subject: Re: Momo steering wheel.

David,
I'm afraid that steering wheel has been discontinued, so I doubt you will find it anywhere. But try Demon Tweeks at www.demon-tweeks.co.uk

Thanks, Jeff
ShopMOMO

I thought as much as i had contacted momo before, but i was hoping the would have one lying about.

Daz...
Daz

Return to General FTO Discussion