White facelift M50 Southbound

Spotted an FTO on the road recently? Post times and locations here.

Moderator: Moderators

White facelift M50 Southbound

Postby Temeeo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:49 pm

White facelift with aero spoiler on the M50 heading south today just after five, somewhere between exit 12 and 13. The car looked great reminded me of my white GPX! :smt007

I was heading north in filthy dirty red one - courtesy of Microsoft or should I say the contractor that builds their new offices in Sandyford, you would think that the car hasn't been washed in a year despite being detailed just last weekend... :x
99 Mitsubishi FTO GX Manual in Passion Red
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: White facelift M50 Southbound

Postby goz_83 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:17 pm

I hope you gave it a good wash :lol: :lol:
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Temeeo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:06 pm

I have, also applied couple coats of wax and started parking elsewhere (10 mins walk from the office) The M50 commuting sucks, especially in the rain, hate having to drive the car in salt water spray (all the water getting lift of and sprayed everywhere by trucks) :roll:
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mivecrx » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Temeeo wrote:I have, also applied couple coats of wax and started parking elsewhere (10 mins walk from the office) The M50 commuting sucks, especially in the rain, hate having to drive the car in salt water spray (all the water getting lift of and sprayed everywhere by trucks) :roll:

Few pics after cleaning would be good, nice to see a red one that's actually red!
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby Temeeo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:36 pm

Luckily I've taken few (I always do) :D

Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mivecrx » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Looks unreal!, everything looks mint on it, lights, glass even the wheels. What products do you use ?
mivecrx

Postby Temeeo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:32 pm

mivecrx wrote:Looks unreal!, everything looks mint on it, lights, glass even the wheels. What products do you use ?

Cheers! This winter has been really bad, the car usually gets filthy the following day if not the same but that's no excuse! :)

Body Work:
Wash with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, then most of the time just Autoglym Aqua Car Wax.
Every few months clay bar - the last few times I replaced clay bar with Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt followed by Autoglym Super Resin Polish or Meguiar's Ultimate Compound (for sun faded stuff) and then couple of coats of Farecla G3 Super Gloss Paste Wax (extra coats on bonnet, roof and plastic bits that are prone to fading like mirrors and spoiler)
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover every now and then for removing tar.

Wheels:
Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel for cleaning,
Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel for tyres (best I've tried to date, really long lasting and easy to apply)
finish off with Armor All Shield for Wheels - keeps the wheels cleaner little bit longer

Glass:
Most of the time just washed with the Autoglym shampoo and then dried right after to prevent water stains from forming. Autoglym Fast Glass if needed.

Exterior plastics and rubber:
Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care

Faded Plastic Exterior Trim:
Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel

Headlights:
Occasionally quick buff with Meguiar's Plast-RX

I'm probably forgetting something but that's all I can think of now!

Edit:
Built Hamber Surfex HD as a general purpose cleaner/degreaser with set of paint/detailing brushes to get to nooks and crannies:

Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mivecrx » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:24 pm

I'm using mostly Autoglym stuff myself. I just seen that G3 stuff in Halfords today funny enough, I just got round to checking it out online now to see others reviews, I normally use Autoglym hd wax but think I'll give this a shot!. Read a thread on one the detailing sites about the Megs tyre gel, impressive stuff!

Your right about protecting the red in those areas, the mirrors and spoiler are terrible on mine!,roof and bonnet fairly bad too. I'm hoping to get it painted in next 4-6 weeks so it should be all sorted then.
mivecrx

Postby Temeeo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Your right about protecting the red in those areas, the mirrors and spoiler are terrible on mine!,roof and bonnet fairly bad too. I'm hoping to get it painted in next 4-6 weeks so it should be all sorted then.

Try Meguiar's Ultimate Compound - you may be pleasantly surprised! I've used it successfully in past on pieces that I thought required lick of paint as they were very badly faded and dull/matte and they came out like new!
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mivecrx » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:41 pm

I used 3m on it before going to nct just to make it look presentable

Not too bad but it does need paint been honest, I have spare wheels here that I've repainted so when cars painted I'll put them on too!, Should be good to go for summer.
mivecrx

Postby Temeeo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:54 pm

She looks great! Mine needs a respray too but don't really have the means at the moment. It has had couple of bad partial resprays in past (fish eyes, running paint) plus there is lacquer peel, far bit of scratches, dents (one really bad one that's more than foot long) and stone chips that have been touched up. I bought a dual action polisher (DAS-6) while back but haven't been able to use it on the car because of the above.

Looking forward to some updates and more pictures!
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mivecrx » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:56 pm

Thanks, it's not too bad but annoying all the same. It's got very few dents, you can see them in the passenger door and there's similar in drivers door. I'll start a thread soon when I get a chance to do more work and take pics.
mivecrx

Return to Spotted