Thank god for a decent insuance company

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Thank god for a decent insuance company

Postby soc » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:56 pm

AXA just sorted me out with a hire car while I wait to get my claim sorted out and get a replacement car - thank god for that cause I'm only remembering what a nightmare it is not having a car. Also they reckon the claim will be settled in less than 5 days after they receive my claims forms and there is no impact on my NCD -

I'm very glad I switched from QD when I got the golf - so far it's been all good with AXA.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:09 pm

So, what you looking at then??
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Re: Thank god for a decent insuance company

Postby kevinod » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:12 pm

shane wrote:they reckon the claim will be settled in less than 5 days after they receive my claims forms and there is no impact on my NCD -

Sweet, look like a good company to be with! Can't ask more than that, especially with the NCD!

I am the only one thinking it's such a good opportunity to get back into an FTO? :wink:

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Mustang » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:24 pm

Shane wrote
so far it's been all good with AXA.

My mother had her car insured with them for a number of years, PMPA at the time. Switched over to Hibernian about 4 years ago.
Just this week she got a letter from AXA, saying that they had overcharged her for a transaction in 1996! And with interest enclosed a cheque for €16. Not exactly a lottery win but nice surprise all the same. and they could have said nothing!

Kevinid wrote
I am the only one thinking it's such a good opportunity to get back into an FTO?

I like your thinking :wink: However I expect that this is unlikely. Axa in particular seem to be the main offenders when it comes to hugely over inflated FTO quotes. e.g my last (and only) FTO quote from them was ~€5k, at the time QD wanted ~€1500.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Thank god for a decent insuance company

Postby soc » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:44 pm

kevinod wrote:
I am the only one thinking it's such a good opportunity to get back into an FTO? :wink:

Kev.

I haven't asked but from what I've read here AXA really don't like the FTO so that could be a concern. But that said I have been casting my eye on the FTO's in todays buy and sell. Looks like they're still at the same price when I bought my GR which is pretty amazing.

To be honest though I think my missus would have my head if I got an FTOso I think it will have to wait until we've a house with a driveway and garage so I can run an FTO as my 2nd (summer) car. Hopefully that won't be too far off cause she's started looking at the property sections again...... or should that worry me ? :?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:46 pm

Worth a try getting a quote for the FTO Shane from Axa. At least we'll have a recorded quote here from them for the present time even if you have no intention of getting one.

Seems to me that they still are a major frolicks to insure!
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby soc » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:47 pm

adrian wrote:So, what you looking at then??

Tomorrow I'm off to Motorvation off the longmile road to check out 2 GTI's , then I'm gonna humour the wifey and check out a Volvo C70 at deerpark motors and while there I might check out the 1998 lotus elise they have in the buy and sell. After that it's off to Killiney to check out a 1999 TT that's up for private sale.

Currently the TT is topping the polls but we'll see tomorrow.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:49 pm

Ivan E wrote:Worth a try getting a quote for the FTO Shane from Axa. At least we'll have a recorded quote here from them for the present time even if you have no intention of getting one.

Seems to me that they still are a major frolicks to insure!

yea I might do that just to see what they'd be looking for.....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:59 pm

I'm also looking at that C70. They're a nice machine. Okay you lose a lot of the performance but you gain in comfort and its a nice looking car. Trouble with that one is its colour but the mileage is good. Saw a lovely black one for sale a while back, a 2.4 but it was gone very quickly. I am not changing myself yet but always fun to look.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Motor Insurance