GT3 RS...

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

GT3 RS...

Postby optical illusion » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:34 am

What a day I had today... see below.

I don't even know where to begin, I keep reliving every moment in that car in my head...

Made it up in 2 hours which is 'apparently' too slow (sorry for obeying the speed limit!!) and low and behold, there is a checkpoint (and me with my NCT out) Guard beckons a load of cars through and then stops me, heads over to my discs... There I am sitting with a bright pink t shirt with 'Keep Her Lit' on, nearly flicked on my indicator and then beckoned on - score!!

In I go to Mondello with my pink helmet (lol) and spend about an hour and a half trying to grow testicles to pluck up the courage to ask Mick for a pax... Then I see an opportunity so I shimmie over mortified, ask meekly and... result! Sure I shouldn't have worried, he's lovely :)

Look into the seat - harness, oh no!! If I spend ages trying to put it on he'll change his mind... but low and behold, porsche have thought of everything, there is a normal seatbelt!! In I sit, half straddling a fire extinguisher and off we go (me thinking to myself, ah sure I'm a girl, Mick will take it easy on me) As Dougie would say - WRONG.COM!! The thing took off like a rocket down to honda and I swear to god I actually nearly lost consciousness for a second, so wasn't expecting it...

What a car, it just keeps pulling and pulling up through the gears, is so composed, stopping power is just amazing, grip on the tyres were pretty damn good but I suspect could be better as Bunk said himself, but at that price!! It lets you bring it to its limit and you respect it, disrespect it and it will repay you hehe. Had a bit of trouble with the brakes, fluid I suspect and had a foot to the floor moment - scary! Hope you get it sorted.

It was all over so quickly, too quickly, and had the time of my life despite our wheel on grass and fish tail moment :) And you couldn't meet a nicer pilot, we chatted about all sorts of things while going at absurd speeds :) So my ultimate dream car lived up to all my expectations and more. By the way, if the felt is worn off your jesus handle Mick, it so wasn't me...

High points of 2010 - The Ring and... see above

What a car....
If I win the lotto...
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: GT3 RS...

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:19 am

Yum - The GT3 RS is def my favorite car at the moment.
I'll just have to make do with my (more powerful) 350Z SC for a while yet. :P
Disclaimer - I'm not saying the Zed is quicker round a track!
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dilogoat86 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Slight drool!
Currently in my collection:
'98 Toyota Starlet...
'79 Mini Clubman 1380cc ~100BHP (I hope)
'79 BMW 728
Dilogoat86
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Kace » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:00 am

Was driving through town recently near one of these (dark grey one 06-D). The noise off the thing was amazing.

There was me driving alongside in me S4 TDI 130 Red-i :?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars