Motorbikes

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Motorbikes

Postby adrian » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:03 pm

Hi all,

I am thinking of just doing what I have always been fearful of and getting a bike. i am a total bke fan but guess I have a irrational fear that it would end my life as I am a bit of a speed fan too. Have any of you folk bikes? Can you say anything to make me comfortable with the idea of getting one? My sister is a nurse and she has told me sooooo many horry stories of injuries from bikes.

Should I just keep my transport to the 4 wheels of the FTO or would most people say "Go for it"??!

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Re: Motorbikes

Postby soc » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:32 pm

adrian wrote:Hi all,

I am thinking of just doing what I have always been fearful of and getting a bike. i am a total bke fan but guess I have a irrational fear that it would end my life as I am a bit of a speed fan too. Have any of you folk bikes? Can you say anything to make me comfortable with the idea of getting one? My sister is a nurse and she has told me sooooo many horry stories of injuries from bikes.

Should I just keep my transport to the 4 wheels of the FTO or would most people say "Go for it"??!

A

I looked into this before getting the GS - it's not as easy forward as it used to be to get out there on a bike - AFAIK there are restricitions on the hp of the bike you can ride before passing your test and there might even be restrictions on the hp of the bike you can ride for a year after passing the bike test - you'd be 12-24 months riding something low powered... and IMHO the only reason for getting a bike is so you can enjoy the few sunny days we get by ripping around on a big bike.... having had a moped (in my way younger days) I can safely tell you that bikes are no fun in the rain, wet, damp, or cold ifish winter days.... you'll only spend 8-9 months of the year wishing you had a car and you could save the bike for the sunny dry days!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:47 pm

I'd keep the FTO too if I got one so wishing I had a car would not be a problem
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby keville » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:23 pm

Adrian,
I had a couple of bikes a few years ago but ended up needing a car for work and I tell you i am goin to get another one its just a different feeling to having a car, although I must say I have felt the wrong side of the tarmac on a few occasions Best of luck whatever you decide 8)

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby soc » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:45 am

adrian wrote:I'd keep the FTO too if I got one so wishing I had a car would not be a problem

This is something I would love to do. Bike for the nice hot summer days (all 5 or 6 that we have :)) and a nice car for all those other days. I'd say there is nothing like blasting around on a high powered 600 -
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby keville » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:26 pm

True,so true
but you still wont get as many looks from the girls on a bike as you will in the fto :wink: ,best of both worlds would you agree :P

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Return to General FTO Discussion