Mitsubishi Parts CD

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Mitsubishi Parts CD

Postby Ed » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:57 am

Hey :D

Does anyone have the Mistubishi Parts CD (I think it is called CAPS but I could be wrong :oops: ) that has the FTO part numbers in it? I have been looking to get this for some time, and I can't find it on Kazza.

I tried the GTO\stealth site from the states, but it was password protected. Anyone know where else to get it?

Ed
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:23 am

I'm trying to get my hands on it as well, watch this space..

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mitsubishi Parts CD

Postby Daz » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:40 pm

Ed wrote:Hey :D

Does anyone have the Mistubishi Parts CD (I think it is called CAPS but I could be wrong :oops: ) that has the FTO part numbers in it? I have been looking to get this for some time, and I can't find it on Kazza.

I tried the GTO\stealth site from the states, but it was password protected. Anyone know where else to get it?

Ed

Yep it is called caps, and i'm not 100% on this but i think it is impossible to own unless you are a mitsi garage or you have a pirate copy. was looking to get a copy myself but no joy, but i do have the workshop manuals on cd.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:39 pm

I've managed to get my hands on a copy of CAPS, I'm in the process of working out how to configure it up and use it (instructions are thin on the groud for the Jap version and its not very intuitive). When I get it sorted, I'll put a doc together and put it for out for selective/controlled download. Its just too big to put out for general release (440Mb zipped, 1.5Gb unzipped). As its pretty hard to come by, it would generate a lot of traffic and bring the site to a halt (as well as getting me in trouble with my hosting company).

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:55 pm

CJ you're a wizard !!!
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ed » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:06 am

Any Chance of bringing a copy to the rolling road(If you are going that is)? I'll have a blank CD to swap for a copy. I also have a friend who is japanese if you need instructions to install it. If I get a copy I can write up the doc no problem.

Ed
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:58 am

Ed wrote:Any Chance of bringing a copy to the rolling road(If you are going that is)?

No problem, I'll bring a few copies. (No point in organising and then not turning up) ;)

Ed wrote:I'll have a blank CD to swap for a copy. I also have a friend who is japanese if you need instructions to install it.

The s/w is not in Japanese, its doesn't appear to be straightforward in terms of configuration. I'm trying to get it to run off the harddisk as the idea of running it off 5 CDs sounds a bit labourious.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:59 pm

I managed to get the application working and I'm in the process of making it available for download. As I said, it will not be available for general download so if you want a link to the files mail me offlist and I will add you to the list. As you can understand, I will have to keep downloads to one per day to conserve bandwidth. By the way, the download is 417Mb in size so you'll need a broadband connection to download in the time alloted.

I've included some basic instructions for installation\configuration that will hopefully make the app a bit easier to set up. I will bring 3 copies of the CD with me to the rolling road, Eds already got his name down so the next two Rolling Road attendees that add their name to the list will get a copy. After that, people who need the app and do not have a broadband connection can nicely ask one of the 3 people with CDs to dupe them up a copy and stick it in the post, if the person agrees, great, if not then thats there perogative. Thats the rules lads!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:39 pm

CJ wrote:By the way, the download is 417Mb in size so you'll need a broadband connection to download in the time alloted.

I got a bit ahead of myself there, after a bit of messing around, it appears that you only need the setup CD and CD1 for the FTO, the total size is approx 120Mb. While this is still quite a sizeable download, its a good bit less that 417Mb. This will make it a bit easier to distribute.

Ciaran
Last edited by CJ on Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:32 am

CJ wrote:
I will bring 3 copies of the CD with me to the rolling road, Eds already got his name down so the next two Rolling Road attendees that add their name to the list will get a copy. Ciaran

I'll take a copy if thats ok :D

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Kace » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:20 pm

CJ - can you let me know the download or ftp address for some night next week. Mail me offline.

Thanks
K
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion