BMW 645ci

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

BMW 645ci

Postby soc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:09 pm

Anyone have any experience with the 6 series? I had a ride in a 645ci today and it was a really nice place to be - had a quick look at prices and you could pick up a 04 for around 30k. Seems like reasonable value, or not?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Seems like a 'bite your hand off' price for a machine costing €130k new (now replaced by 650i) :shock:

Now that's what I call depreciation !

Obviously not much demand these days for the monster executive fuel guzzlers.

Maybe you could buy it and replace the engine with a 1.4 Turbo Diesel - that way you would get the comfort without the cost !! :lol:
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:12 pm

We had one at work a few years back when they came out. Unbelievable sound from the 4.4 (also used in the Range Rover) interior had a great finish. auto box was brilliant of course. This one was loaded up with extras, including active steering.
Not sure if it'd be my sort of car, there are comfier and sportier cars out there, but at that price it'd have to be in the running!

It'd have to be the 645 though, the 630 or the diesels wouldn't do it for me!
colm_mcm

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:13 pm

The 6 series has fallen to scarcely believable asking prices these days - a car that was 60k last year is 30Kish this year.

Never thought I'd ever drive one but at their current market value they really do represent a very good buy indeed.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:56 pm

Never thought I'd ever drive one but at their current market value they really do represent a very good buy indeed.

This is exactly what I thought - never believed they'd come down to sane prices until past a year I'd be willing to buy. Whatever and whenever I change next it's got to be a large capacity engine with a sweet sound - 350z is a worthy contender but only 2 seats won't work for us - E46 M3 is in there as is the S4 but the 6-series is a real left field entry now.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars