**Creative Sports Lightweight Bonnet SOLD**

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

**Creative Sports Lightweight Bonnet SOLD**

Postby AdrianGP_vR » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:07 am

I'm starting to slowly break the car as i've a new project arriving soon and this is the first item for sale. It is a Creative Sports fibreglass bonnet of very good quality and fit. This item weighs 7kgs less than the stock item (yes i have weighed the two of them lol).

Priced to sell @ €200

Last edited by AdrianGP_vR on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdrianGP_vR
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Re: **Creative Sports Vented Lightweight Bonnet F/S**

Postby Bernard » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:29 am

That car looks to be in too good a condition to break.
Why not try selling the whole thing first?
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AdrianGP_vR » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:57 am

Bernard wrote:That car looks to be in too good a condition to break.
Why not try selling the whole thing first?

I would but it's too hard to sell as a whole. One of the lads that sold a white Version R lately (forget his name) was initially selling for €1,900 and had to let it go for €1,100 in the end to one of the members on here. I would make more than that by breaking it. I might consider selling whole if there is interest; might do a combined sell or break thread tomorrow i'll have to think about it as there are one or two parts that i want to keep for myself.
AdrianGP_vR
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Bernard » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:40 am

I'd agree with you for most other cars but this is an FTO forum, we tend to love our cars that little bit more.
They're not just A to B machines so breaking one should only be done as a last resort.

That said, I remember FTOs selling for 15K.
Sign of the times I suppose.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:20 pm

Thats a ridiculous waste of a fine car by breaking it.

The reduction in value of the cars hits us all, but I'd never break mine, no matter how much I got for all the separate parts.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:21 pm

By the way is that a DC5 in the background?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:34 pm

I'm guilty of breaking an fto myself, but it needed a bit of work done, which would have never been done. If i'm not mistaken, you bought the mirror switch and clocks/surround. Another member took the rear bumper and left light (which I needed not long after). Stewy took the headlights and I took a few bits myself for the fto I bought from Gerry. That car was rear ended, but is now repaired, as I couldn't allow it to be scrapped. Still waiting for the insurance to cough up on that too, or the solicitor.

Breaking that beautiful fto would be a sin. I hear it's somewhere in the bible :)

Even at a loss, it would be better to sell whole. Besides, I think breaking is very messy unless you have plenty of space. It's also time consuming. If you're set on a whole selling price...just say "NO OFFERS" and insist on the value price and that you won't drop by a cent. Be realistic though and good luck either way.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Uncle B » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Have you tried selling her as a whole yet? I'd stick her up on donedeal and just see what kind of interest you get, looks much too nice to break.
(Even with the Jaffas :mrgreen: )
Get out of here Nebulon! No one likes your style...
Uncle B
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby AdrianGP_vR » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 pm

goz_83 wrote:I'm guilty of breaking an fto myself, but it needed a bit of work done, which would have never been done. If i'm not mistaken, you bought the mirror switch and clocks/surround. Another member took the rear bumper and left light (which I needed not long after). Stewy took the headlights and I took a few bits myself for the fto I bought from Gerry. That car was rear ended, but is now repaired, as I couldn't allow it to be scrapped. Still waiting for the insurance to cough up on that too, or the solicitor.

Breaking that beautiful fto would be a sin. I hear it's somewhere in the bible

Even at a loss, it would be better to sell whole. Besides, I think breaking is very messy unless you have plenty of space. It's also time consuming. If you're set on a whole selling price...just say "NO OFFERS" and insist on the value price and that you won't drop by a cent. Be realistic though and good luck either way.

Yeah that's myself mate. Yea it's a hard one to know what to do.

Bernard wrote:I'd agree with you for most other cars but this is an FTO forum, we tend to love our cars that little bit more.
They're not just A to B machines so breaking one should only be done as a last resort.

That said, I remember FTOs selling for 15K.
Sign of the times I suppose.

Absolutely true, and i have strongly considered putting it into storage and refreshing it down the line. I have grown to love this car tremendously and it will break my heart to break it or even sell it, it's low mileage too. The paint on the car is ok but needs a re-spray and the underneath needs to be ground & un-dersealed, all in all it would cost about €2,000 to have this car in mint condition again which is money i don't have at the moment and i could do with the cash towards this new project. I would rather see members here enjoy a source of good and some rare parts as i know myself how good that can be. I suppose the attachement is not as strong yet as i am coming from the Honda scene and i am the same about my integra would never sell it or break it.

Dragonheart wrote:By the way is that a DC5 in the background?

No that's my DC2 (which is being turned into a track car) so i would have 3 cars if i hold on to the FTO which realistically is too much of a headache to juggle.
AdrianGP_vR
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Bernard » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Sell the bonnet and buy a standard one as a replacement (I think Gerry is breaking a white one).
Put the left over money towards undersealing (around €200 I think) and leave the respray for another day.

Cheap as chips and the FTO would be protected for a long time.
You could advertise it as being "newly undersealed" and wait to get the right price.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sebastian » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Savage car with all the bits Adrian has on , pity is all I can say .
I would still try first what the lads suggested , put it up on the market for the required price .. see what happens ?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:14 pm

I'd be with Bernard there, get rid of that bonnet and you'd sell it a lot quicker. It looks pretty standard other than the Enkeis but they actually suit the car, the bonnet doesn't. Sell that separately or swap with someone. Whats the spec on it for interests sake?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AdrianGP_vR » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:26 pm

I have the stock bonnet already from Gerry waiting to go on either today or after Xmass, I'll put the full spec up later on this evening when I'm back home ;)
AdrianGP_vR
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Cool. Throw a projected price on it too just so people can see what you think you'd be selling it for.
Main things are manual / tip, mileage, how often engine has been serviced as in oil and filter changes and any belts, waterpump changes, stuff like that.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:04 pm

You could always do a DIY under seal job if you got spare time on your hands. Probably a big pain in the ass by the looks of it, but would save you a bit. I say store her if you don't get the cash you want for it. I am interested in a vented bonnet myself, but I am not really a fan of the one you have i'm afraid. Probably just as well, because I have put plenty of cash into my fto and want to finish off mainly with a spray job.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AdrianGP_vR » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:40 pm

goz_83 wrote:You could always do a DIY under seal job if you got spare time on your hands. Probably a big pain in the ass by the looks of it, but would save you a bit. I say store her if you don't get the cash you want for it. I am interested in a vented bonnet myself, but I am not really a fan of the one you have i'm afraid. Probably just as well, because I have put plenty of cash into my fto and want to finish off mainly with a spray job.

To be honest i did that with my teg and never again, it's a nightmare without a ramp and i'm not spending another penny on this car other than petrol lol. I actually love the bonnet think it's one of the nicer ones i've seen but everyone to their own i suppose. I am going to price the car very fairly in such a way that it's a good opportunity for somebody and i'm going to include all the stock parts ie. calipers, exhaust, suspension, etc. I am also going to include the short ratio Colt Cyborg ZR box (came off a colt with 52,000kms) that i bought for it but never got the chance to fit. I think i'm going to include the bonnet as well in the deal. I still haven't ruled out breaking it if i don't sell it whole.
AdrianGP_vR
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:58 pm

By include do you mean throw them in for free or is the option there to buy the car and just the car, without all the stuff that would be taking up extra room, just in case someone didn't want all those things.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AdrianGP_vR » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Dragonheart wrote:By include do you mean throw them in for free or is the option there to buy the car and just the car, without all the stuff that would be taking up extra room, just in case someone didn't want all those things.

You would be able to buy just the car if you wanted, either way the price won't change so the prospective buyer would have the option of getting extra bang for their buck if they wished so ;).
AdrianGP_vR
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:23 pm

I see, good stuff.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:42 am

If breaking, I call dibs on the headlights :) But hopefully they stay on the car with everything else.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AdrianGP_vR » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:09 am

goz_83 wrote:If breaking, I call dibs on the headlights :) But hopefully they stay on the car with everything else.

No probs. I will put up a definitive thread this evening have just not gotten a chance with these festivities.
AdrianGP_vR
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Return to For Sale