Replacement 06 Zafira key

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Replacement 06 Zafira key

Postby goz_83 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi guys (and gals),

I just picked up 2006 Opel Zafira club today. Had to go to Waterford to find a decent one, but I got one in the end and got the price to a tidy €5450. Its this ....> http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2992323

It is in excellent condition. Only has a bit of a scratch on the p/side rear door at the very bottom and barely noticeable scuffs here and there. The inside is spotless and it drives as good as you can expect a 7 seater family bus to drive :)

Anyway, it only came with one key. Should I just bite the bullet and get an opel garage to make one up, or has anyone had any luck buying ebay keys and having them programmed?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Replacement 06 Zafira key

Postby colm_mcm » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:13 am

There are locksmiths who can do remote keys for less than the dealers.
colm_mcm

Postby Sebastian » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 am

there is that place on nass road opposite HINO , they are able to provide a spare key as long as you have the logbook. it is a bit cheaper than the opel garage which can be rather expensive when it comes to parts.
Reprograming a key costs 80 quid there so if you can get one from ebay it might work out cheaper than just order a replacement.
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Mustang » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Remote central locking keys can be had from most locksmiths for ~€80 to €90. Most should be able to supply rcl keys aswell especailly for a mainstream motor like that.

My advice to anybody who has any genuine concern for their family's safety would be not to transport them in a Zafira.

I've recently returned from Germany where I had the misfortune of driving one for a week. They seem to be hugely unstable, overtaking on the autobahn was a genuinely white knuckle experience, everytime I passed a truck (of which there are many on German roads) the car would go into a wobble as it cleared the wake of the truck. This was bad enough on straight roads but if there was cusrve on the road at all, the effect was even more pronounced. Genuinely the most unsafe car I had ever driven. I guess it'd be ok for pottering around town though.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:00 pm

I have to say I have experienced none of this and have been on two 100k+ drives in the zafira already. Being used to the fto, it took a while for me to realise I wasn't in a sports car :lol:

I found it to be very stable tbh and gave it a good test before I bought it, because I have 3 kids to go into it (and another on the way). The only instability I have felt was just after having the "prevent a puncture" stuff put into the tyres. They say it takes about 10 miles of driving for it to even out and some wobbling is normal. Same happened in the fto.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars