The biggest load of balls I have ever ever come across.....

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

The biggest load of balls I have ever ever come across.....

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:35 am

OVERVIEW OF ISSUE

Tesco Insurance will NOT issue my NCB details in terms of ‘YEARS’.
Quinn requires NCB details in terms of ‘YEARS’.

I have been driving claims free for almost 6 years now. I joined Tesco Car Insurance in August 2006.

When I joined Tesco in August 2006 I sent in documentary proof (issued by Hibernian) of my 5 years No Claims Driving experience.

This 5 years no claims was earned under more than one insurer over the 5 years.

This proof I supplied to Tesco in August 2006 clearly stated “Actual number of claims free years is 5”.

I left Tesco 2 weeks and received back a NCB entitlement letter stating “stage 5 - 50% No claims” “Actual number of years claim free is 0”.

I rang them immediately to query this, and was informed that Tesco will not send out proof of the 5 years as I did not earn this No Claims under their company.

All they will issue is a statement saying I have 50% stage 5 no claims entitlement, but 0 years actual claims free driving. Surely I am legally entitled to have this documentary evidence I supplied them with in August returned to me. The Tesco policy has been cancelled since March 29th and they have no requirement for it now?

Quinn Direct (my new insurer) however need my NCB in years, not in ‘stage 5 50%’ format. Quinn want to know the ACTUAL number of years.

Tesco are point blank refusing to issue this to me. I supplied this evidence to Tesco (my 5 years claims free) in August 2006 and now they will not supply this back, but will only say “actual claims free driving is 0 years”…. The Tesco staff I spoke to yesterday evening were not very helpful at all.
I have been back and forth between both companies 4 times now and both are not closer to resolving this issue? Surely there is a regulatory body that allows me to switch insurance companies with more ease than this?

I have contacted the Irish insurance federation this morning.
You'd think they'd all be on the same page regarding this? Im just so annoyed because Tesco basically stone walled me. "no, no and no"...

McGon
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 am

Did you mention that you'd be taking it further?

Did you claim ANYTHING through tescos during your time there?

Glass?

Even stuff that wouldn't affect you no-claims bonus?
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:08 am

Muad_dib77 wrote:Did you mention that you'd be taking it further?

Did you claim ANYTHING through tescos during your time there?

Glass?

Even stuff that wouldn't affect you no-claims bonus?

My windscreen was done. but I was expressly told that this does not affect claims under the fully comp policy with tesco.....
I don't think thats the issue. They haven;t even refunded the rebate to my card (I was owed 166). had to chase it up. plus they didn't issue the NCB details until 2 weeks after the I returned the disc.. Had to ring them up and request.

It was "re-sent" apparently. yeah right. Total sham lads... And you all thought Quinn were a mess. this is a disgrace
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:43 am

The windscreen - eventhough it doesn't affect your no-claim will most likely still be classed as a claim.. I've heard of this happening before..

All insurance is a sham!
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:27 am

nope rang them maud and asked was that it. nope. nothing to do with that, its just their policy not to issue 5 years no clams because it was not earned under them....

They also did not return the rebate to my credit card for the unused 5 months I had paid for even though they said they would. I had to request this again this morning and was informed that the rebate did “not go through on their system for some reason”.

hanf on... just got a phone call off the IIF... more to follow
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:33 am

Sounds like a nightmare..

keep us informed..I hope you end up getting your way with these lads..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby kevinod » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:53 am

They won't even say 'mr xyz provided proof of 5 years claimfree when taking tesco insurance, and did not make a claim (apart from windscreen) in his year with us'?

Hope the IIF help out a bit!
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:54 am

ok, here is the story...

The Irish Insurance Federation guy was sound. Plus he was on the ball. rang me about 1 hour after the email.

he said that the problem is actually Quinn Direct. He said the format that Tesco used is following guidelines as issued by the IIF regulatory body etc.

I broke the contract with tesco early which is why it says "0 years no claims". If I had finished out the year it would have said "1 years no claims" actual claims free driving.. So where is my 5 years no claims gone?
Well the same forms says "stage 5, 50% discount". This means I have at least 5 years No Claims discount as its stage 5 on a 5 point scale...
The IIF guy said Quinn are being difficult not accepting this, and any other insurer would recognise this "stage 5, 50%" as FULL (at least 5 years) no claims discount. he rang his contact in Quinn to put them straight. He rang me back and told me that they have no decided either way and will wait till they receive my letter with the TESCO NCB sheet. The IIF guy said that they really have no choice to accpet it, and if they have any more issues he will deal with it for me. He told me, the fact of the matter is I am claims free. and have a full discount. Quinn should have no issue with this just because it doesn't say "5 years"...

anyway, he says he will ring me tuesday with confirmation that quinn are ok with this.

such an ordeal eh.....
:evil:
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:12 pm

That's Mental - atleast it seems like you have a bit of assistance in yer man there.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:24 pm

kevinod wrote:They won't even say 'mr xyz provided proof of 5 years claimfree when taking tesco insurance, and did not make a claim (apart from windscreen) in his year with us'?

Hope the IIF help out a bit!

Yep, thats EXACTLY it Kevin.

Quinn are being pedantic over it. Anyways seems the IIF are on it, and have been onto quinn so hopefully it will be accepted.

jeeez.... what an effort.
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Return to Motor Insurance