Need some ideas for mods?

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Need some ideas for mods?

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:19 am

Currently being discussed on UK FTO forum -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW

If you're looking to mod your FTO on the cheap you could do worse than take a look at the tasty work on this Renault 19. :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:46 pm

Obviously a complete piss-take.... who's this Malcom Barry chap?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:37 pm

ya gotta love the rear spoiler! :wink:

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:38 pm

shane wrote:Obviously a complete piss-take.... who's this Malcom Barry chap?

Well yeah - of course the seller is taking the piss - but there has been a lot of "work" put into this car to bring it to its current state. Some misfortunate has to have started his own DIY mods - why would any sane person bother to put a 7inch exhaust (complete with a diy heat shield) on a Renault 19 - put air horns, a strut brace and a universal filter (engine bay) etc - the wings do look like they took about 5 mins to make and nail onto the car alright but I'd say this project started as a very misguided attempt at modifying.

Yes - the seller is taking the piss - but I don't think he had anything to do with making this monster - I'd like to meet the guy that did though - I think MTV should give up on "Pimp my Ride" and make a new program interviewing guys who make an obvious hames of modding their car - now that would be entertaining - seeing some guy trying to explain why exactly he thought that a sheet of plywood would make good rear spoiler. :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:06 pm

This is an amusing add, and yes the seller does have a tongue-in-cheak attitude towards the car.

Looking at photos I looked to me as if this car was being used for offroad use....I later looked at the video which confirmed as much.

MfFTO wrote
Well yeah - of course the seller is taking the piss - but there has been a lot of "work" put into this car to bring it to its current state. Some misfortunate has to have started his own DIY mods

Off course the mods are cheap and nasty, although not a million miles away from the stuff adorning some of the corsa's/puntos/micras you'll see in your local supermarket carpark after hours.
That said I think it would be a bit naive to think that the modding project began in earnest while the car was being used as an everyday driver.
More likely this is the work of a country based male teenager, with an interest in cars, but too young to drive legally. Even for such a person the 'mods' are just a bit of fun. Pick up the car at the local scrap yard for €50 throw a fews silly mods on, race car no. etc, then rally it to destruction. I've seen similar stuff used by teenagers for driving around forestry/bog roads. Not that uncommon in rural Ireland, ah the country side is great! :)
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:58 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
shane wrote:Obviously a complete piss-take.... who's this Malcom Barry chap?

why would any sane person bother to put a 7inch exhaust (complete with a diy heat shield) on a Renault 19 -

Doesn't that exhaust look suspiciously like the famous wavin piping??

All I can say is if someone really did do these "mods" (and I use the word loosely) they need some medical help fast..... :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby PT FTO » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:29 pm

This is definitely a good piss take but unfortunatly there are some sad persons out there that go out of their way to destroy a perfectly good car (FTO) :evil: :evil:
Check out this following link found on FTOOC site. (apologies if people have seen it before). Comments please on this "*##*!!##*#!" idiot

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewt ... sc&start=0

Note the "lovely" studwork on the bommet and the, lets say, strange choice of tailpipe set-up!!!
PT FTO
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Off Topic