GSR Lancer

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

GSR Lancer

Postby saoirse32 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:40 pm

hi just wanted to know does anynody know anything about the 1.8 gsr lancer.
i am trying to import one for a cousin of mine but i cant find them anywhere!
he also wants to go this route because he wants to tax and insure it as a 1.6 litre :lol:
any help would be appreciated.
Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

96 passion red gr
saoirse32
Speed freak
Speed freak

Re: GSR Lancer

Postby kevinod » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:19 am

saoirse32 wrote:he also wants to go this route because he wants to tax and insure it as a 1.6 litre :lol:

I'm getting the feeling this is something I don't want to know more about... :smt108

:lol:
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:05 am

GSR Lancer is a nice car - there are heaps for sale around - loads on www.cbg.ie / www.autotrader.ie / www.carzone.ie

Quite like this one! - http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cf ... rID=288045

Most are horrendously overpriced though.

Don't see how he can insure these as a 1.6 though - there is a 1.6 mivec version which is practically as quick and costs a hell of a lot less to run.

If you insure a GSR as a 1.6 and then have an accident you have a very expensive piece of paper in the insurance disk holder which isn't worth a penny.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby saoirse32 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:43 pm

yeah hes seen the ones on sean byrne's and they are all 1.6 on tax book which means its easy to insure as a 1.6. not very legal and your not really insured but its up to him!
Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

96 passion red gr
saoirse32
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby soc » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:41 pm

saoirse32 wrote:yeah hes seen the ones on sean byrne's and they are all 1.6 on tax book which means its easy to insure as a 1.6. not very legal and your not really insured but its up to him!

Not trying to offend anyone but THIS IS WRONG and I personally would not condone anyone I know doing something like this - at the end of the day it's guys who do this kind of thing that feck everything up for the guys who actually pay their way!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:07 am

saoirse32 wrote:yeah hes seen the ones on sean byrne's and they are all 1.6 on tax book which means its easy to insure as a 1.6. not very legal and your not really insured but its up to him!

What is the story with that? I've seen these cars advertised as "1.6 on log book" do they just lie to the customs officials, what happens when the chassis numbers on the importation docs don't match what you are claiming the car to be eg. lancer mivec is a CK4A, while the GSR is CM5A. Then presumably once you have mislead the customs officials, you go on to lie to the insurance company. I mean in the event of a claim what are you going to say, "Oh I didn't realise it was a 1.8 turbo :smt102 "
Can some explain the fine detail to me :?:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:46 am

if there was a claim, they would not be covered!! end of!
it's non-disclosure.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:58 am

Dave wrote:if there was a claim, they would not be covered!! end of!
it's non-disclosure.

And the worst thing is that if some other poor sod was hit they'd end up with no cover either!!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:03 pm

soc wrote:
Dave wrote:if there was a claim, they would not be covered!! end of!
it's non-disclosure.

And the worst thing is that if some other poor sod was hit they'd end up with no cover either!!

no i think they still have to pay third party claims, so we'd be covered but the insurance company would then chase the "GSR" owner for what was paid out.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby saoirse32 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:37 pm

yeah would probably be a bad idea alright,
how do those companies get away with selling them as 1.whatever on log book, all sean byrnes cars are....
and its fairly blatant, not as if hes trying to hide it by advertising it everywhere...?

96 passion red gr
saoirse32
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Ed » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:47 am

I had a lancer GSR. A 94 one. It's as quick as an fto (Had a manual GPX too) but lacks the looks. I also had a Mivec Lancer back in the day. It was a real flyer too.

The 1.6 carry on for the GSR makes no sense because most insurers quoted me 770 (granted I was 27 with 4 years NCB and 2 penalty points) euro for the fully disclosed 1.8 4wd Turbo GSR. a few i.e. AXA and that sham in Donegal quoted me 2.5K. I said that they had it wrong and that it was not an evo (Which is what they quoted me for at the time) and the premium went down below a grand.

This was at the time I was not being quoted for the FTO even though I had one previously and when I did get a quote, it was 2.5K for the 1.8 one.
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 am

Ed wrote:I had a lancer GSR. A 94 one

So you did Ed, long time no speak! You also had the highest powered standard manual GPX on FTO-Ireland record IIRC (198bhp @ the flywheel).

Heres a pic of your GSR its just a pity that Adrians gleaming new S2k (at the time) takes the edge off it a bit!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ed » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:58 pm

Yeah, the GSR was a real sleeper of a car. I used to toast all sorts in that thing. It was so light too. I sold it about 10 months ago for 5500 euro. It was snapped up. Shame too.

I really liked the S2K tho. I'd love one :)
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Return to Japanese Performance