exhaust

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

exhaust

Postby soc » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:43 pm

just ordered a universal backbox from the US - went mad with a 4.5" tailpipe, oooops - so will just need someone to make up a stainless centre-section :)

pic here
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:29 pm

Christ that looks big, for the sake of your ears, I hope it isn't as loud as it looks! How much by the way?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:22 pm

CJ wrote:Christ that looks big, for the sake of your ears, I hope it isn't as loud as it looks!

The tailpipe is 4.5" so that's kinda huge alright. And there I was looking for a subtle exhaust :-) I'm not even decided if I'll get it fitted or not yet but if I do I hope it ain't gonna be too loud - maybe I'll have to get powerflow to make up a small second muffler.

CJ also wrote: How much by the way?

All going to plan they'll be available for €150 (delivery included) which I think is pretty reasonable for a stainless backbox.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: exhaust

Postby soc » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:22 pm

shane wrote:just ordered a universal backbox from the US - went mad with a 4.5" tailpipe, oooops - so will just need someone to make up a stainless centre-section :)

pic here

Due to my original exhaust being on back-order I asked them to change the order and send me out an Apexi N1 spec universal box - pic here which should be winging it's way from the states in 7 - 10 days...... wonder what it'll sound like.

Still looking for a recommendation on someone (in Dublin) who could make up a centre section for me (with a small muffler if possible) :?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion