Front Bumper and Insurance

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Front Bumper and Insurance

Postby Dean » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:29 pm

Dont worry Shane, I havent damaged your old baby :)

Got two questions-

1) Does anyone know where to buy that front bumper that is on the main page of the website? And how much is it. I think it looks mad.
Also if you have a look at the funky products website, and look at the brushed aluminium cd blanking plate with fto on it, the dash looks chrome, apparently this is done with spraypaint. Has anyone done this? if so does it look cool, or is it hard to do?

2) I am campaigning one of the smaller insurance companies that a mate works for to reclassify the GS from group 6 to group 4. It is highly possible It will happen, as a performance car - Group 5-6 has to have a top speed of more than 130mph and a 0-60 faster than 8.6. Well thats the standard for this company anyhow.
The GS has a top speed of 125 and 0-60 in 10.9. This puts it out of the performance car range.
Does anyone have an extremely accurate spec of the GS? with as much detail as possible?. Would be handy in my quest :)
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: Front Bumper and Insurance

Postby soc » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:38 pm

Dean wrote:Does anyone know where to buy that front bumper that is on the main page of the website? And how much is it. I think it looks mad.
Also if you have a look at the funky products website, and look at the brushed aluminium cd blanking plate with fto on it, the dash looks chrome, apparently this is done with spraypaint. Has anyone done this? if so does it look cool, or is it hard to do?

Ciaran has sprayed his centre console - IIRC he said it was fine except for the bit he made a mess off where there are some blisters - to be honest I reckon you're playing with fire by doing somethink like that. As for the bumper - I think it's a veilside bumper - big bucks to buy - probably looking at EUR500+ - Daz has one on his car - check out the gallery page - Daz's is the black beauty at the bottom.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:24 pm

yes it is a veilside
Last edited by Daz on Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Daz » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:31 pm

Yes it is a veilside bumper to get a veilside copy it will cost you approx EUR 665.00 including shipping from england then the cost of respraying it also making it over the grand mark, if your going to go to that sort of expence you may as well get a full kit or bit's of kits to make your own like i did, as i have seen FTO's with just the veilside bumper and nothing else and it just doesn't look right, it looks to out of proportion, and then you'll end up wanting other bits to make it look right and then it gets even costlier, so your best of doing it all in one.

But if you really want one someone is doing copy's over in England, either magic or ifty. or the company pow:r are as well http://www.pow-r.co.uk/retail/
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Daz » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:33 pm

Daz wrote:Yes it is a veilside bumper to get a veilside copy it will cost you approx EUR 665.00 including shipping from england then the cost of respraying it also making it over the grand mark, if your going to go to that sort of expence you may as well get a full kit or bit's of kits to make your own like i did, as i have seen FTO's with just the veilside bumper and nothing else and it just doesn't look right, it looks to out of proportion, and then you'll end up wanting other bits to make it look right and then it gets even costlier, so your best of doing it all in one.

But if you really want one someone is doing copy's over in England, either magic or ifty. or the company pow:r are as well http://www.pow-r.co.uk/retail/

Oh i forgot to say the real deal Veilside bumper will cost you stg1,500.00
just for the front bumper and about stg2,700.00 for the full kit from Japan

Making that Eur 2,156.50 and Eur 3,881.70 respectivly not including shipping and respraying.
Daz

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:44 pm

i got my kit shipped for 750stg, that's excluding vat, i put it through the company, and 800yoyos to get it fitted, that was side skirts,spoiler, rear aprons and front lip.

dave
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:49 pm

I have a bumper on mine, not quite the veilside but something similar. It doesn't seem to be as low but not far off it. Actually looking at it there's not much diff. at all. I got it with the car and it was damaged but the dealer got me a new one (he was getting it done anyway). It really adds to the car and makes it look so much better. Better than anything else if you ask me.

I got it from Jim Rock so he might be able to get it done for you in Dublin. No idea of cost.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to General FTO Discussion