quinn at it again

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

quinn at it again

Postby paul2508 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:45 pm

quinn direct said they would in sure me in a gr de2a import but not in a de3a import which is my model. anyone ever have this problem
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508
FTO-Ireland rules my world
FTO-Ireland rules my world

Postby miss-enzo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm

if u already have a policy with them and u own the car the legally have to give u a reasonable quote!!!

if u think they are actin up report them to the irish insurance federation! i did in june and havent had a problem since! they are so used to walkin over ppl and not hearing complaints!!! so if u think its appropriate report them.... show them ur not a walk over!
My FTO is for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12725
miss-enzo
My other car's an FTO...as well
My other car's an FTO...as well

Postby Daz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:58 pm

miss-enzo wrote:if u already have a policy with them and u own the car the legally have to give u a reasonable quote!!!

Ah your half right, yes if you are already holding a policy with them then yes thay are legally obliged to quote you but here's the kicker it doesn't have to be reasonable. I came across this when buying my first FTO at first my company wouldn't quote me and because they wouldn't quote me no-one else would touch me. I did some checking and came across this about them legally having to quote me, so when i questioned them on this they said ok we'll quote you and then proceeded to quote me £6,000.00 punts. of course i said no but then i had no problem getting quotes and the got insured for £1,800.00 up from £1,100.00 i was paying on a 1.4 at the time.

So yes force them into giving you a quote but just don't expect anything like it should be but at least other companies will then look at you.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Return to Motor Insurance