Split topic: Security cameras

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Postby declanc » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:35 pm

While we're mentioning security, I got an infrared camera for my drive, but it doesn't seem to be working right, kind of a hue on the lens in the picture. Supposed to be getting a replacement today. Cool out, has motion detection and audio detection and all on it so it doesn't have to be recording all the time.

Kev,

Where did you get the infrared camera from, because I could certainly do with one, too many cars getting robbed from my area :!:
declanc
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Caroline » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:03 pm

we got a camera from maplins last year for about €100, you can buy an attachment so that it will record whats going on if there is any motion at all. Its really small and neat too and the picture is brilliant.
Caroline
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby declanc » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:12 pm

Where is Maplins, must pay a visit to it. Is it in Blanchardstown?[/quote]
declanc
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby kevinod » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:30 pm

declanc wrote:Kev,

Where did you get the infrared camera from, because I could certainly do with one, too many cars getting robbed from my area :!:

Got it from http://www.microdigicam.com, they can mix and match cameras/receivers as required.

Caroline wrote:we got a camera from maplins last year for about €100, you can buy an attachment so that it will record whats going on if there is any motion at all. Its really small and neat too and the picture is brilliant.

That sounds good, is it one of the cameras on here?

Kev.

EDIT: messed up my URL tags...[/url]
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Speedyboy » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:47 pm

Declan you can get the invertor we were talking about there aswell for €23.99
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:51 pm

Dave wrote:i've got a tracker in mine..... can go online and check out it's location or last known location. pretty handy if she ever does get stolen!

How much did that set you back?
GPX Manual - WIP
Keith
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:54 pm

had it in from my first insurance, part of the agreement, cost something like 300 or 400, but it was at cost from the company...... changed it over to the system i have now, SIM rental for the year is 120 plus vat and that's it.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:57 pm

I'm investigating being a distributor in Ireland for a UK company that make affordable tracking systems. Most tracking systems in Ireland cost from 800 euro upwards and all include the annual fee, like the one Dave has. Well, the one I am intersted in after alot of research will be available on the market here for about 549 euro incl VAT. Very easy to fit and all you have to do it throw a readyToGo SIM card into it for a tenner(and keep it topped up with credit). Then you can text your car and get it's whereabouts or phone it (from a PC with a modem) and use the supplied mapping software to locate it exactly on a map.

I know I'll be fitting one to my car..... plus alot of insurances are taking note now of tracker systems.

Watch this space!!

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby kevinod » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:13 pm

adrian wrote:Well, the one I am intersted in after alot of research will be available on the market here for about 549 euro incl VAT. Very easy to fit and all you have to do it throw a readyToGo SIM card into it for a tenner(and keep it topped up with credit). Then you can text your car and get it's whereabouts or phone it (from a PC with a modem) and use the supplied mapping software to locate it exactly on a map.

A

Sounds good, keep us updated!

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby soc » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:24 pm

adrian wrote:I'm investigating being a distributor in Ireland for a UK company that make affordable tracking systems. Most tracking systems in Ireland cost from 800 euro upwards and all include the annual fee, like the one Dave has. Well, the one I am intersted in after alot of research will be available on the market here for about 549 euro incl VAT. Very easy to fit and all you have to do it throw a readyToGo SIM card into it for a tenner(and keep it topped up with credit). Then you can text your car and get it's whereabouts or phone it (from a PC with a modem) and use the supplied mapping software to locate it exactly on a map.

I know I'll be fitting one to my car..... plus alot of insurances are taking note now of tracker systems.

Watch this space!!

A

tell me more - I'm definitely interested - anything to keep the thieving scum at bay!!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:47 pm

Still early yet and I have one ordered for testing purposes so I will be the guiney pig.... so will post more details soon.

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Return to Off Topic