Johnnys insurance dilema

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Muad_dib77 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:31 pm

Johnny that sucks bottom..

How many places did you call?

Did you check the insurance thread here on the forum..and do check with Daves crowd..

4k is a tad mad, mind you I was quoted 5k when I bought mine..managed to get it down under the 2k mark in the end..

Age and No-Claim-Bonus are big factors, but unless you're young and have crashed recently there's no reason why you should get a 4k quote..

Don't give up!
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Re: 95 Black Manual GPX MIVEC

Postby Mustang » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:53 pm

johnny wrote: selling due to ridiculous insurance quote (4 grand!),

Care to tell us who issued this quote? In my experience only AXA would have the neck to issue such a figure. Did you not look into the insurance before buying?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby johnny » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:17 pm

got the quote of hibernian, quinn wouldnt even quote me.

I have a mivec lancer insured with hibernian, €2000, named driver on mothers policy though, rang today for fto, €4000! I argued wit them that there isint much difference in power between my car and the fto (only 30hp or so) but they said that "because its a rare enough car there is a higher chance it cud be stolen" and that their quote is based on the number of claims put in by fto owners.

100% bullsh*t!! Am pretty pissed, ah well, jus gotta squezze every hp outta da lancer, tough job i might add

So any takers? Got word shes left the land of the rising sun
johnny
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:30 pm

johnny wrote:got the quote of hibernian..........

I'm insured with Hibernian - 5 years NCB - 900Euros.
4K is nuts! Shop around.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:08 pm

Hibernian are the crowd that quoted me 5k... am with Eaglestar now..

definately shop around - granted it took me a loong time to get the quote I wanted and I called all the companies I could think of - and some I'd never even heard of..

Get ringin', you'll get there...
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby CJ » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:59 am

gfalls wrote:www.123.ie will insure anything for under a grand.

Bear in mind you could be hit with a 2-4k excess with a 'cheap' 123.ie policy on the likes of an FTO.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:22 am

gfalls wrote:makes you sound like a bad driver if you go out thinking "if i have an accident, it WILL be my fault"

Its not a matter of being at fault or perceiving yourself as a bad driver, you could be the most careful driver in the world stuck in traffic and someone rear ends you into the car in front, in that instance, you'll be paying the claim for damages for the car up front out of your own pocket. Its worthwhile reiterating this point for folks considering a high excess policy (I have one on the RX-7 and I'm mindful of the fact!)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:32 am

Topic split. Johhny, if you do end up getting a reasonable quote and change your mind re selling, you might consider updating the original thread in the For Sale forum.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:25 pm

didn't see this thread so replied to the original, but Johnny, you can always bang me over an email or give our office a shout, i'm sure we could get something better than 4K
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby johnny » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:57 pm

tried 123.ie, €5000!!! I doubt i can do better than hiberian since my mother has been a named driver on my dads hibernian policy and they have a full no claims.

Next year il be payin about €1500 for the mivec lancer so i think it wud be crazy to pay an extra €2500 for 30 bhp in an fto

It looks like me drivin an fto is just not meant to be, ah well il wait a couple of years, save like mad, and maybe skip da fto for an EVO 5
johnny
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Mustang » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:34 am

johnny wrote:tried 123.ie, €5000!!! I doubt i can do better than hiberian since my mother has been a named driver on my dads hibernian policy and they have a full no claims.

Next year il be payin about €1500 for the mivec lancer so i think it wud be crazy to pay an extra €2500 for 30 bhp in an fto

It looks like me drivin an fto is just not meant to be, ah well il wait a couple of years, save like mad, and maybe skip da fto for an EVO 5

Johnny care to tell us what your criteria are, that's a lot of money to be paying for lancer mivec especially as a named driver. Hibernian have the lancer mivec rated very highly, along with most jap 'performance' stuff. Also for new policies they will cover these third party only.
To put it in context I'm paying ~€400 TPF&T with all the trimmings for my cyborg :D .
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:44 am

Mustang wrote:.To put it in context I'm paying ~&#8364;400 TPF&T with all the trimmings for my cyborg :D .

Don't want to get OT but any chance of a few pics and your impression of the Cyborg in a new thread?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby johnny » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:37 pm

well im only 19 with a provisional, have my full licence test tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Not sure if the lancer is down as a mivec, just told them 1.6 lancer, they asked is it an lancer mr, which it is, told them it was. Whether they know a lancer mr is a mivec or not i dont know...
johnny
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:03 pm

johnny wrote:well im only 19 with a provisional

Well theres your problem right there! Its bad enough trying get a quote on an FTO when you're 25+ with a full license, I don't mean to be defeatist but I reckon you'll have a very hard job getting afforable insurance bearing in mind your credentials...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:20 pm

CJ wrote:
johnny wrote:well im only 19 with a provisional

...Its bad enough trying get a quote on an FTO when you're 25+

It's not much better when you're 35+ !! :wink:
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:28 pm

CJ wrote:Don't want to get OT but any chance of a few pics and your impression of the Cyborg in a new thread?

Will do

johnny wrote:well im only 19 with a provisional, have my full licence test tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Mystery solved. Well good luck with the test. Not meaning to sound like an old fart but... I'd count myself lucky at 19 if I had a lancer mivec. I only had a push bike at that age :smt090

...Its bad enough trying get a quote on an FTO when you're 25+

It's not much better when you're 35+ !!

True :!:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ikeane » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:05 am

Mustang wrote:Mystery solved. Well good luck with the test. Not meaning to sound like an old fart but... I'd count myself lucky at 19 if I had a lancer mivec. I only had a push bike at that age :smt090

ikeane
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Mustang » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:16 am

:smt037
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance