Split topic: Blade - looking for insurance

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby blade » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:59 pm

I'm finding it EXTREMELY difficult to get a reasonable quote. I'm 28, 5yrs NCB, live in West Cork and will even put my girlfriend on the policy (shes 29) if that helps! Any suggestions anyone?
blade

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:13 pm

blade wrote:I'm finding it EXTREMELY difficult to get a reasonable quote. I'm 28, 5yrs NCB, live in West Cork and will even put my girlfriend on the policy (shes 29) if that helps! Any suggestions anyone?

Well - At least you're getting quotes - When you say reasonable what kind of figures are you talking???
I'm not sure there is such a thing as a reasonable insurance quote on an FTO - almost all other cars will seem good value to insure in comparison.

What kind of quote did you get from your present insurer? - What have you been insured on up to now?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:15 pm

Blade
Most insurance co's are very reluctant to quote directly for new business on the FTO (and other performance cars). Suggest you ring a few brokers.
and try your current insurer.

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:31 pm

you could always give our office a bell!
01-4033700, ask for Linda. She seems to be able to get most people a quote.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Helen » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:43 pm

dave i rang Linda and ya she did quote me but it worked ont over 4.5K with my fiance on it, got a quote down here in sligo for 2,900 with him on it, i think she called it A.R.B insurance company or something like that, i think everyone that rings tho they have different ruels for, it crazy what some quote
Helen
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:46 am

hmmm strange, if you want you can PM all your details and i'll run it through the system again, you don't know what actual insurance company quoted you?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance