Garage Info - request?

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Garage Info - request?

Postby soc » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:59 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm off to look at a couple of FTO's on thursday - a mix of GR's and GPX's with a manual thrown in there for good measure. Some cars are private sale and some are garage sales - so I'm wondering if anyone knows anything good or bad...... the garages are:

North Rd Motors in Finglas
Kilmainham Motors
Some garage in Coolmine industrial estate??

Anyone heard of these garages at all?

Also anyone know if or where I can/could get a reasonably priced warranty for gearbox (just in case I go for a tip box). Or even somewhere/someone that would assess the condition of a tip box?

Cheers
Shane
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:05 pm

i bought my car at kilmainham motors... decent enough and no major problems, granted the guy who originally bought it sold it back to them and took good care of it!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:10 pm

Dave wrote:i bought my car at kilmainham motors... decent enough and no major problems, granted the guy who originally bought it sold it back to them and took good care of it!

cheers Dave, the guy I spoke to seemed to know what he was talking about with regards to FTO's.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:12 pm

Shane, I live 2 mins up the road from Coolmine Ind. Est. I can organise to head up with you if its after 4pm. It would look impressive if 2 owners pulled up in FTOs to buy another ;)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:46 am

CJ wrote:Shane, I live 2 mins up the road from Coolmine Ind. Est. I can organise to head up with you if its after 4pm. It would look impressive if 2 owners pulled up in FTOs to buy another ;)

Ciaran

Cheers Ciaran,

I'd be on for that - I think I have your mobile number - I'll give you a call on thursday midday to organise that. It would certainly look good if 2 FTO boys pull up at the same time.... also it be cool to get a second opinion on the car.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:38 am

Shane what's the car in the Coolmine estate? It's not a grey 2.0 V6 tip by any chance is it?

I can't remember the name of the place that I looked at an fto in there, but its something point I think. But mileage wasn't appearing on that model so I had a fear it could have been clocked. Most people warned me off it.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby soc » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:58 am

Ivan E wrote:Shane what's the car in the Coolmine estate? It's not a grey 2.0 V6 tip by any chance is it?

I can't remember the name of the place that I looked at an fto in there, but its something point I think. But mileage wasn't appearing on that model so I had a fear it could have been clocked. Most people warned me off it.

yea, i think i remember that car - it was with capital auto point and the odo wasn't working - i think that will be the last on the list and only if all the others are really crap.

cheers for that ivan
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:01 pm

Thats the place alright. A lot of people warned me off that car because of the odo problem. Be very careful, because that has been there for a couple of months now, since I was looking about 4 months back.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to General FTO Discussion