Parcel Motel

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Parcel Motel

Postby goz_83 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:35 pm

I was looking on ebay for weeks to find a good supplier of silicone hoses to dress up the engine and complete my induction kit. The best supplier is Amber Performance as far as I could tell and had great feedback, so I decided to use them, but they are impossible to contact as they seem to be so busy. My problem was the excessive postage charges. They offered free uk delivery for most items, but when I ordered a few hose pieces, delivery totted up to over £60. My answer:

Parcel Motel. These guys basically take delivery of your order and put it in a storage box close to you (in Dublin). As long as the package doesn't exceed the limit (41x38x64) you only get charged €350 per 2 days your parcel is in the box. For full info, visit www.parcelmotel.com . They have a hub in Finglas and a hub in Belfast, but it doesn't matter which hub you use, the same fee applies and your order lands in the storage box, which you access with a code they sendto you by text. So, I ordered my stuff from the UK and most items were free UK delivery...it cost me like £2 delivery. I entered the Belfast hub as the delivery address (with my parcel motel ID in the address details) and the order is marked as dipatched. So in a couple of days, I expect the delivery will be at my local storage box, which I chose in Dublin 13, 5 minutes from me and I will get chargd €3.50 for the convenience. Oh wait! You get the first 2 deliveries for FREE lol. Fantastic idea! If this works out without problems, I will be saving a fortune on UK deliveries.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Parcel Motel

Postby Chris_Heilong » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:38 pm

i will be keeping an eye on this one
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby goz_83 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:50 pm

I decided to order the samco hose kit too from ebay, costing €144.20 (inc UK delivery). It uses my 2nd free use of Parcel Motel. I will keep you informed. It's worth noting that the samco hose kit for the automatic is about €15 less.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:21 am

Great stuff - keep us posted. This could be a saviour.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 pm

So I got a text message this morning with a 4 digit pin number, telling me my parcel as ready to be collected at the location I selected. I swung by this evening to collect it. The storage lockers were located right at the fuel station, which is where they usually are, in plain sight and well lit. There is a touch screen monitor in the middle of the unit and it asks for your phone number and then your pin number sent to the phone. Once entered, one of the doors swings open and I collected my parcel. Happy days. I have 2 more deliveries coming the same way. I now have the rest of my induction kit.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Bloody good service and first two collections free - you cannot go wrong. Just collected two parcels last night in Clontarf - very fancy collection mechanism I must say.

Bye bye exhorbitant Camskill shipping costs for small items !!
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Indeed. I just collected my Samco hoses today from the PM. Would have cost me a fortune delivered to ROI, but was FREE delivery as this was my second delivery. Funny thing is I have 2 other business names and cards and mobile numbers I could use to set up new accounts and get free deliveries, but I wouldn't bother tbh. Very happy with their prices.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:26 pm

goz_83 wrote:Indeed. I just collected my Samco hoses today from the PM. Would have cost me a fortune delivered to ROI, but was FREE delivery as this was my second delivery. Funny thing is I have 2 other business names and cards and mobile numbers I could use to set up new accounts and get free deliveries, but I wouldn't bother tbh. Very happy with their prices.

Exactly - we could all do the same with spouses, family etc., but they provide a good service, so no point in trying to do them out of business for the sake of €3.50.
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:32 am

I love this service. I was looking forward to receiving delivery of a dvd boxset, which was ordered about 2 weeks ago and was returned to sender, damaged. So it was resent from Guernsey on Thursday I think. I checked the tracking number from Hermes Couriers and it arrived at Parcel Motel in Belfast at 9:45 Monday morning......so technically yesterday. I figured I will get it delivered the next day if i'm lucky, as i'm in Dublin and they say they deliver the net day.

So i'm sitting here bored, watching some tv and and posting on boards when I get an email at 11:45am with a pin number for the parcel motel. Up I go to the collection point and my DVD set has arrived :) Fanfeckintastic! That's what I call excellent service!
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Sound great, hope to come to Limerick.

Lads over on the (former) octane were raving about it.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 pm

looks like they have boxes now in 2 of my local petrol stations .. these guys are growing
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby CJ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Brilliant idea, Nightline are leveraging on their existing distribution network and capitalising on the fact that the likes of Amazon don't always do free shipping to Ireland. Minimal outlay for maximum potential. I've lost count of the amount of people who have mentioned it to me, word of mouth is the best advertising you can get. I think this service will grow legs and its just a matter of time before we see more competition in the market.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mitsinut » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:27 am

optical illusion wrote:Sound great, hope to come to Limerick.

Lads over on the (former) octane were raving about it.

There's one in the Topaz Station on the Dock Road.
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

Postby optical illusion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:01 pm

That's not Parcel Motel AFAIK.

And according to a rep on boards.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mitsinut » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:24 am

optical illusion wrote:That's not Parcel Motel AFAIK.

And according to a rep on boards.

I'm sitting right in front of it and it's got Parcel Motel painted all over it, unless my eyes are totally deceiving me :shock:
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

Return to Off Topic