FTO promo video now available for download

If you've any comments on what might make fto-ireland.com a better site, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

FTO promo video now available for download

Postby CJ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:09 pm

I got a copy of the original FTO promotional video on DVD and reduced it down to make it suitable for download. The quality isn't fantastic but its worth a look nonetheless. Check out the last video link on the downloads page, its a 9Mb WMV (with Japanese dialogue!).

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:56 pm

What a promo video - I wish I could speak Japanese !!!
CJ - where do you find these things :wink:
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:18 am

Kace wrote:CJ - where do you find these things :wink:

I actually bought it off Funky Product, it also contained a Best Motoring video that featured the FTO, up until now, I've been unable to pull it off DVD, I'll give it anotehr go at some stage....

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Muad_dib77 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:41 pm

The reauthoring feature in Shrink DVD is usually pretty good at removing any kind of "protection" or inconvenience you might experience with original dvds. Once you have it on a copied disc it's almost always a peice of cake to compress/convert anything to any format.

Just a tip - not that I'd ever even consider copying anything that shouldn't be copied. I only do backups! :roll:
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby adrian » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:43 pm

great video cj. 8) fond memories of my Fto.

just wondering what u used to get it to that format. I am looking 4 some software to get dvd to avi or wmv etc for viewing on a pocket pc. am actually surfing wireless broadband now on my new dell axim x51v pocket pc..... some piece of kit.... and would love to get some dvd movies etc onto it.....
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby kevinod » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:51 am

Muad_dib77 wrote:Just a tip - not that I'd ever even consider copying anything that shouldn't be copied. I only do backups! :roll:

Well ya know you need to have 'offsite' back up copies, and sometimes its best to have friends hold onto the backups for ya.... :twisted:
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:35 pm

adrian wrote:just wondering what u used to get it to that format. I am looking 4 some software to get dvd to avi or wmv etc for viewing on a pocket pc.

I used DVD Decryper to rip the video and AutoGK for the authoring side of things. Shrink DVD wouldn't do the business for me to begin with...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions, announcements and updates