Parts Page / Knlowledge Base

If you've any comments on what might make fto-ireland.com a better site, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Parts Page / Knlowledge Base

Postby JD » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:03 pm

How about a parts page, whenever anyone gets any part they can fill in the details including their model/year, the part number, how much it was, where they got it and any obs they have on the the job if they fitted it themselves.

This would also build up a knowledge base of the jobs that can be done - if you're handy. I'd love to do a lot of these jobs myself, can do most 'ordinary' stuff - services, brakes etc but don't know what can and can't be done DIY with things like suspension.

Also if tools have to be bought (like pullers etc.) we could share them, or buy them between us if a few people need to do the same job around the same time.

It would be self updating as prices change and members update it.

Dave
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:28 pm

Good suggestion JD, although a separete forum might do the trick, what do think? I'd like to have the time to put something together like the Workshop on Steve Hemmings sitebut you know how it is!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JD » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:06 pm

Yeah, a forum could do the trick.

I'm comeing from the perspective of knowing nothing about the FTO :( , I've downloaded all the workshop manuals and they are brilliant (ty), I've used them as couple of times already, but I havn't had to buy a part yet.

Daz was saying that he has a word doc with some part numbers, and that he'll try to send a copy to go up on the site, that could be a start.

I saw Steve Hemmings site and can imagine the work involved.

Cheers
Dave (JD)
JD

Postby CJ » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:16 pm

I've created a Knowledgebase forum which I hope can built up to being a good technical resourse for owners, we have a number of members who know their FTOs really well and I hope they will contribute and share their experiences. As regards a parts listing, I'll look at putting up a seperate page on the main site that will be a work in progress.

Cheers for the suggestions JD

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:33 pm

JD wrote:Daz was saying that he has a word doc with some part numbers, and that he'll try to send a copy to go up on the site, that could be a start.

Cheers
Dave (JD)

Yea didn't get round to it got caught up in work will send it on now

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby CJ » Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:15 pm

Thanks for the list Daz, I've imported it into the main site, you can access it from the menubar by clicking on 'FTO Parts List' link.
Lets try and build it into a useful resource.

Ciaran

PS. Rory has a copy of the Mitsi parts catelogue but its too cumbersome to copy (200-300 pages). If we need a p/n offhand, I'm sure he won't mind helping us out.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions, announcements and updates