FTO 1994 tiptronic problems only drive in limb mode

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

FTO 1994 tiptronic problems only drive in limb mode

Postby davuz1 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:28 am

Hi everyone,

I am new to this website so firstly I just want to say hi to all.

I have a problem with my FTO 1994 non-mivec tiptronic gear box.I initially diagnose it with an error code of 43 & 44 but after I reset the code by disconnect the earth wire on the battery for half an hour,now only show code 43.At present it can only drive in limb mode in 3rd gear with N lamp flashing.If I reset the code and leave it for a day,when drive it will change gear from 1st,2nd ,third and fourth for three or four times than it go back in limb mode again and won't change up or down automatically or manually.
I have flushed the auto tansmission oil and changed the in/output drive shalft sensors but still having the same problems .I suspect an electrical problem/s since the car can still change up and down from 1st to fourth ok before it go into limb mode everytime I reset the eror code.
Can anyone please help confirming what is error code 43 & 44 for this car(FTO 1994 non-mivec tiptronic gear box),since I only have the work shop manual for the 1998 model.Any susggestions is very much appreciated.

Regards,

David
davuz1

Re: FTO 1994 tiptronic problems only drive in limb mode

Postby PomonaFTO » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:51 pm

PomonaFTO
1st gear
1st gear

Return to FTO Technical