21 and looking for insurance

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

21 and looking for insurance

Postby davefla » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:17 pm

Im hoping to buy a 1.8 in the coming weeks.im only 21 so wont be easy to get insurance.Any ideas?
davefla
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:01 pm

Have you had insurance long? You will probably also need a brokers. Ill tell you man it isnt going to be easy.
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby davefla » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:42 pm

Well Dean hows things.Ive been insured for three years under the mother.Full license for two years.Did that ignition test 2 weeks ago with hibernian,passed it,then rang for insurance on the fto but wont quote on anything over 1600cc.I suppose the best bet is to try and get insured under the mother again,but im with AXA and they wont go near me with an fto.
davefla
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Dean » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:58 pm

davefla wrote:Well Dean hows things.Ive been insured for three years under the mother.Full license for two years.Did that ignition test 2 weeks ago with hibernian,passed it,then rang for insurance on the fto but wont quote on anything over 1600cc.I suppose the best bet is to try and get insured under the mother again,but im with AXA and they wont go near me with an fto.

Might be your best bet, most insurers wont quote till after 25, some you need to be 30.
Insurance agencies are evil that way.
AXA has a 25 mark on theirs for FTO's and even then thats AXA broker, I dont think AXA will even quote for Japanese imports.
Dean

Postby davefla » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:13 pm

When you say they wont quote you until your 25,do you mean on your own policy or as a named driver,or both!?
davefla
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Dean » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:06 pm

davefla wrote:When you say they wont quote you until your 25,do you mean on your own policy or as a named driver,or both!?

You might be able to get named driver, dont know though, my policy specifically staes I can only name over 25s to drive my car.
Dean

Return to Motor Insurance