engine splutters after 6300 rpm

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

engine splutters after 6300 rpm

Postby gazzer187 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:54 pm

hello when my mivec kicks in and the exhaust note changes the car will splutter and wont rev again untill i change gear and will back fire out of the exhaust and if i down shift to get the car above 6300 rpm it will splutter there and sometimes it will jerk the car the splutter but drives fine untill that rev and on idil i can rev it untill 8k with no problem a friend said change the fuel pump but i think its best asking fto owner then a none fto owner , but i can drive it everyday fine , can someone help me please cheers gaz
gazzer187

Re: engine splutters after 6300 rpm

Postby the real technikhaus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:56 am

Wow thats sounds terrible :/

Im not a mechanic but it does sound like a problem with the fuel system or possible something with Mivec....?
Good luck Mate.
the real technikhaus
Unleaded
Unleaded

Re: engine splutters after 6300 rpm

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 am

I can read posts without punctuation, but that post is just terrible. I have no doubt that the people here with possible answers looked at the post and decided to not put the effort into reading it, because there was little effort in writing it. There is not a single full stop in there.

The problem is likely to be just a sensor issue with the mivec not properly engaging. It shoukd engage at 5500rpm though. Do you have an aftermarket mivec controller? Do a diagnostic, or bring it to a garage to get one done. There is a list of fault codes here on the forum. Do a search for fault codes. Update your location so we can be of more use.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical