Steering Wheel opinion.

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Steering Wheel opinion.

Postby goz_83 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi guys. Lookin at 2 steering wheels on ebay. 1 comes with boss kit and the second one (red) comes without, so works out more expensive. I plan to get red and black leather seats made at some stage, so i am veering toward the red one, but the chrome one looks pretty cool too, as the car is silver anyway. See links below and let me know what you think. Also, will they fit easily, or is there any messing about?

Chrome http://www.ebay.ie/itm/320637074309?ssP ... 1423.l2648

Red http://cgi.ebay.ie/Steering-Wheel-MITSU ... 4cf9e0afda
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Steering Wheel opinion.

Postby MY-JAP-MISTRESS » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:17 pm

sorry to say but the standard wheel looks far better than both of them. both look tacky
MY-JAP-MISTRESS
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby mivecmad27 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 pm

If i was to change steering wheel,it would only be for an Evo 7 wheel.
mivecmad27
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:22 pm

I thought the chrome one could look a little tacky, but not the black and red, as this will be the new interior colour scheme when i get round to it. I kinda mentioned that in my post. I plan to get red and black leatherette seats made from ebay seller, costing circa €350 +extra material for door cards perhaps.

Regarding the evo7 wheel. I did a google search and i'm trying to figure out whats so special about it. looks pretty standard. Maybe i'm lookin at the wrong thing, so if you could supply a link, i might be able to share in the enthusiasm.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:24 pm

I agree with MIvecMad, I like the evo 7 wheel too.
You found the right one I'd say, there's nothing special about it. It's just nice.
Each to their own, if you like those halfords type wheels then go for it.
It'd be boring if everyone liked the same things.

I presume it's ricerocket you're talking about for the leatherette seats?
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Fitting an airbag wheel on a car without airbags will cause untold trouble at nct time
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Just seems that most pics I have seen have the smaller type steering wheels i was looking at and not the standard factory one.

colm_mcm wrote:Fitting an airbag wheel on a car without airbags will cause untold trouble at nct time

Would either of those wheels posted cause an issue for nct, or is it the evo 7 wheel you were referring to causing a problem?
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:32 pm

I like the smaller wheels, personally I think the stock wheel is a bit big, like a lorry steering wheel or something, I prefer a chunkier smaller one. One thing I'd be worried about with the cheap ones from Ebay that say they fit Evo, Pajero, FTO, etc, is the quality, I could see the material being a cheap plasticy thing and the mitsi symbol in the middle falling out in a few weeks, if you were to get a wheel then it might be a better option to save up for a good quality one that you can actually go into a rally shop (Ears Motorsport or similar) and get a feel for it first and a good look at the quality of it. After all the steering wheel is the focal point when someone sits in your driver seat, even if they are just seeing what its like and not going driving the car, and you don't want a shabby looking wheel in front of them.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Kudos
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:41 pm

check out MOMO or NARDI steering wheels if you want to upgrade to something good , the ones above look cheap and crap
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:43 am

I'm gonna hold off for now. I reckon if i sell both steering wheels on the ftos, then the cash should pay for a good one. Ideally red and black, but not necessarily. I don't suppose anyone is looking for a steering wheel?
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion