Sidelight problem help needed

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Sidelight problem help needed

Postby topgooner166 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi all great site by the way :D I need some help I have just purchased a 1996 pre facelift GPX and it has mot and a lot of old mot's but I don't seem to have any sidelights, which i would have thought would be a failure, I have looked online and this site for answers and although there have been various enquiries for sidelights none seem to be the same as mine. when I turn the stalk one turn I get nothing, when I turn it the second turn I get the dipped beam headlights, and main beam when I pull it forward, when I press the switch for the fog lights I get one of the lights in the bumper (passenger side) comes on, both indicators in the bumper pods work ok, I have looked at the fuses and all seem ok. any help on this would be appreciated, cheers
topgooner166

Re: Sidelight problem help needed

Postby paul2508 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:55 pm

your side lights are on the bottom of your bumper if its a pre facelift. facelift bumper has its sidelights in the headlamp itself.
i think
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508
FTO-Ireland rules my world
FTO-Ireland rules my world

Postby MY-JAP-MISTRESS » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:51 pm

yup the sidelights on a facelift are in the headlamp. sounds like you got a fog light out tho. if you need sidelight bulbs you can get them in halfrauds cheap enough but they prob wont be in there book cause the fto is too cool for it lol
MY-JAP-MISTRESS
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Bernard » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Bulb listing here, if it's any help.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FTO Technical