Warning. Don't Read. Retard Replied

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

Warning. Don't Read. Retard Replied

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Was supposed to have a member of a forum (won't say which forum) view the fto today. I told him that I would let the car go for €1050, which is at a small loss considering what has gone into the car. I had my eye on another project and so I offered the car at a knock down price. I told him everything that was needed and have an nct fail sheet to show what it failed on. Retest would be €28 and he could have fit the parts himself. I also have the parts the car needs (driver side steering rack and inner tie rod end), except for the centre section of exhaust, which has a small hole in it.

The NCT tester did not test the emissions because there was a hole in the exhaust. This is what I was told when collecting the fail sheet. The tester was a decent guy and took the time to show me where the problems were. He even pointed out that I had missed some corrosion at the rear, which needed to be treated.

So the guy coming to view the car has the cheek to pm me to say he wouldn't be :wink: coming to see the car (that part is fine). His reason; Well apparently I am being dishonest with him, because there is supposedly only 2 reasons the nct centre will not check emissions. #1 Oil Light. #2 EML. Personally I figured there would be more reasons (including a hole in the exhaust). So, just to satisfy my curiosity; If there is a hole in the exhaust, will the nct test the emissions anyway?

To note: The oil light and eml work just fine and turn off when the engine is started, as normal. However, the airbag light does need to be turned off, because my brother in law had the wheel off and when he put it back on, the srs light came on. I find it insulting that someone can make stupid accusations based on what a mate of a mate said :roll:
Last edited by goz_83 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Do they test emissions with hole in exhaust?

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:33 pm

http://www.ncts.ie/NCT%20Manual%20Revise%20May%202012.pdf Section 3, page 13 look at the note section note 9 that should explain I think. Best to ring the NCT and ask them to be 100%.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:41 pm

mivecrx wrote:http://www.ncts.ie/NCT%20Manual%20Revise%20May%202012.pdf Section 3, page 13 look at the note section note 9 that should explain I think. Best to ring the NCT and ask them to be 100%.

Maybe look at the same page, section 1, before going to section 3. They will of course check that there are no leaks in any exhaust system. It also states further up that the emissions test should be abandoned if there is an unusual exhaust note. A small hole would cause that.

Emissions cannot be tested if there are exhaust fumes leaking from elsewhere. Ever tried to eat soup with a fork?
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Note 1 doesn't say the car shouldn't be tested or emissions with a hole in the exhaust?

Only note 9 says why a car should NOT be tested for emissions,
. This test should not be carried out where:
(a) the oil warning light remains on with the engine running.
(b) the oil level is below the manufacturer’s minimum level.
(c) the oil level is above the manufacturer’s maximum level

Also it was me who said this to goz_83, I didn't think it was right that the car wasn't emissions tested, I told him I didn't think he was telling the hole truth which is my opinion and that's why I won't be viewing it. No big deal as far as I can see.
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:08 pm

I find that interesting, because a, b, or c did not apply. Where does it mention the EML? You did mention this in your pm as a reason. It would be common sense to abandon an emissions test if the exhaust has a leak, but you seem to have trouble grasping that fact. If there is a problem with the system, it cannot be tested.

I tend to check facts before calling someone a liar, but that's just me. No big deal I guess :r

I already told you it's no longer open for sale to you, so why would you even say you won't be viewing? Boggles the mind. I think this discussion is over. Best of luck in finding an fto. I am sure you will find a more honest seller than I.

As I said, I will now get the parts installed and retest the car. I'm sure it'll pass once the exhaust is sorted and the steering parts too.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:25 pm

goz_83 wrote:I find that interesting, because a, b, or c did not apply. Where does it mention the EML? You did mention this in your pm as a reason. It would be common sense to abandon an emissions test if the exhaust has a leak, but you seem to have trouble grasping that fact. If there is a problem with the system, it cannot be tested.

I tend to check facts before calling someone a liar, but that's just me. No big deal I guess :r

I already told you it's no longer open for sale to you, so why would you even say you won't be viewing? Boggles the mind. I think this discussion is over. Best of luck in finding an fto. I am sure you will find a more honest seller than I.

As I said, I will now get the parts installed and retest the car. I'm sure it'll pass once the exhaust is sorted and the steering parts too.

Ok so if they don't test emissions because of a leaking exhaust did the tester have the car on the lift to inspect the exhaust before hand because i thought the emission were checked first? I have had a car that failed nct on emissions and lambda readings because of a hole in the exhaust. So does this guy on IMOC http://www.irishmoc.org/forum/showthread.php?18636-nct Why was his car tested with a leaking exhaust?

Yes you told me it's not open for sale to me but that was after I said I won't be viewing it, so what you talking about?
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:48 pm

He might have heard it rasping and knew there was a leak. I didn't notice it until I left the centre. It was only noticeable at about 2500-3000rpm. Of course I would have preferred it was checked anyway, but it wasn't. Next test will have all that sorted. Also, the fail sheet would have mentioned any warning lights, wouldn't it? I will upload the sheet here if need be and you would see that your failure reasons are not present.

Any emissions test would be negated after a leak was detected. The MOT is a bit different too.

You must be lying about your previous test. I can't find any manual to prove you right. After all, you have lied on this very forum about certain activities in the recent past, so don't be questioning my integrity mate. My nose is clean. This is not the place to be arguing. I opened this thread for opinion and hoped some of the other lads would post some facts so that you could see them. Why you hijacked the thread is beyond me.

So if anyone has anything to add, please feel free. Sorry for the little domestic here. Being called a liar is something I am not comfortable with.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I remember the car was in the emissions area for a while so he may have tested them, but cancelled the result when he found the leak.
Last edited by goz_83 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:52 pm

What did I lie about on here?
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:03 pm

mivecrx wrote:What did I lie about on here?

I might just keep that one in the dark 8)

Like some of your activities.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Any real answer for me?
mivecrx

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:19 pm

goz_83 wrote:EDIT: Come to think of it, I remember the car was in the emissions area for a while so he may have tested them, but cancelled the result when he found the leak.

But you said he heard the leak in 1st gear and didn't bother testing them? NOW YOU HAVE EDITED THAT SENTENCE FROM YOUR POST.

Maybe I was right not to trust you!
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:24 pm

mivecrx wrote:
goz_83 wrote:EDIT: Come to think of it, I remember the car was in the emissions area for a while so he may have tested them, but cancelled the result when he found the leak.

But you said he heard the leak in 1st gear and didn't bother testing them? NOW YOU HAVE EDITED THAT SENTENCE FROM YOUR POST.

Maybe I was right not to trust you!

:lol:
I am the one who inserted the "EDIT" text to show I edited it. If you want a real answer, how about racing on public motorways at night. I was hoping you would be smart enough to know what I was talking about when I said I would keep it "in the dark". Not the brightest spark, are you?

How about leaving this thread alone for someone to comment on the original post? I think enough has been said by both of us.
Last edited by goz_83 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Who was racing on public motorways?

Still no answer to where I supposedly lied.
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:34 pm

The same guy who made private the youtube link which was here => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3gT_nn3GYc until I pointed it out on a forum. Oh, and the same guy who asked me to race on public roads. That proof is in my inbox :)

You're a liar and you know it.

Street racing is not condoned on this forum. It's dangerous, reckless and illegal.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:41 pm

goz_83 wrote:The same guy who made private the youtube link which was here => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3gT_nn3GYc until I pointed it out on a forum. Oh, and the same guy who asked me to race on public roads. That proof is in my inbox :)

You're a liar and you know it.

Street racing is not condoned on this forum. It's dangerous, reckless and illegal.

I've never posted anything on this form about street racing and i never posted a link to a street racing video.

Like i said here http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14489 I don't approve of street racing.

Now you've called me a liar and said I'm not the brightest spark, I never called you anything, I just said I don't trust you so no need for that is there?
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Here is the conversation you don't remember: I am pretty sure a mod can verify the conversation is genuine

About racing

Sent: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 am
by mivecrx

Hi goz, I knew you would come on and say you'll race :smt023
Will you race on public roads or are you drag strip only kinda lad?

Re: About racing

Sent: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:27 am
by goz_83

I wouldn't race on a public road. Never know what could happen. Of corse, there are exceptions if a certain road was closed/safe.

Sent: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:30 am
by mivecrx

Ah I see, You wouldn't race at night on the street at all? Do you know of anywhere we could race?

Sent: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 am
by goz_83

I have never raced, so dont know anywhere. I will think about possible safe sites though.

In other news, this gx is looking like it could be laying around, tying up cash and the earliest nct date i can get is August! Not happy at all with that.

As promised, i am giving you first choice on her. I will have to offer it to the market in a day or two. Have put plenty of work and money into her considering. All she wants is some tidying up on the body and i know the best place to get it done for little money. As i am not selling it in the condition i want it to be in, i will let her go to you at €1050. That's a very low profit margin and is a loss considering all the man hours she took. It will take a little paint to have her looking top dog and the only nct concern i would have is the rear tyres running short on thread. They could pass, but i would get a pair of partly worn boots to be safe.

I have a couple of interested people asking, so i would ask you to be quick if serious. Im not one to profit from urgency, so i wanted to keep the price low and fair, because it is not finished, which i'm disappointed about. It is just too long to keep her here

Sent: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 pm
by mivecrx

Oh well i do race a good bit and it's mostly on the roads at night, I don't know of any places that are legal for racing except Tullow and that's the worst track I've ever seen.

I was looking at the GX thread and it looks good but will need a few hundred on paint and if I want to change it to mivec it will end up costing alot, I might just hold out for a GPX manual.

I'm sure you will have no problem selling it, there's another guy on hear looking for one I think? or did he get the silver GPX off you.
Last edited by goz_83 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Anyone could make that up goz,

About me

Sent: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 am
by goz_83

Hi mivecrx, I'm goz and I'm a liar!

See what i mean?
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Yeah. You must be a young chap. Read the first line of text referring to mods. But that won't be necessary. Most of the guys on here I am sure know I don't BS (that much)
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:57 pm

goz_83 wrote:Yeah. You must be a young chap. Read the first line of text referring to mods. But that won't be necessary. Most of the guys on here I am sure know I don't BS (that much)

I don't think mods are aloud to read PMs? But you can forward PMs to a mod if you wish to report something.

Of course people on here will believe you over me. I haven't told any lies on this forum so no need to not believe me.
mivecrx

Postby brccrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:02 pm

goz_83 wrote:Was supposed to have a member of a forum (won't say which forum) view the fto today. I told him that I would let the car go for €1050, which is at a small loss considering what has gone into the car. I had my eye on another project and so I offered the car at a knock down price. I told him everything that was needed and have an nct fail sheet to show what it failed on. Retest would be €28 and he could have fit the parts himself. I also have the parts the car needs (driver side steering rack and inner tie rod end), except for the centre section of exhaust, which has a small hole in it.

The NCT tester did not test the emissions because there was a hole in the exhaust. This is what I was told when collecting the fail sheet. The tester was a decent guy and took the time to show me where the problems were. He even pointed out that I had missed some corrosion at the rear, which needed to be treated.

So the guy coming to view the car has the cheek to pm me to say he wouldn't be coming to see the car (that part is fine). His reason; Well apparently I am being dishonest with him, because there is supposedly only 2 reasons the nct centre will not check emissions. #1 Oil Light. #2 EML. Personally I figured there would be more reasons (including a hole in the exhaust). So, just to satisfy my curiosity; If there is a hole in the exhaust, will the nct test the emissions anyway?

To note: The oil light and eml work just fine and turn off when the engine is started, as normal. However, the airbag light does need to be turned off, because my brother in law had the wheel off and when he put it back on, the srs light came on. I find it insulting that someone can make stupid accusations based on what a mate of a mate said :roll:

The NCT center test the emission regardless the holes/holes in the exhaust to answer Your question (didnt read the whole tread, i say the rest would say te same even not reading the whole lot either :)
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:13 pm

brccrx wrote:
goz_83 wrote:Was supposed to have a member of a forum (won't say which forum) view the fto today. I told him that I would let the car go for €1050, which is at a small loss considering what has gone into the car. I had my eye on another project and so I offered the car at a knock down price. I told him everything that was needed and have an nct fail sheet to show what it failed on. Retest would be €28 and he could have fit the parts himself. I also have the parts the car needs (driver side steering rack and inner tie rod end), except for the centre section of exhaust, which has a small hole in it.

So the guy coming to view the car has the cheek to pm me to say he wouldn't be coming to see the car (that part is fine). His reason; Well apparently I am being dishonest with him, because there is supposedly only 2 reasons the nct centre will not check emissions. #1 Oil Light. #2 EML. Personally I figured there would be more reasons (including a hole in the exhaust). So, just to satisfy my curiosity; If there is a hole in the exhaust, will the nct test the emissions anyway?

The NCT center test the emission regardless the holes/holes in the exhaust to answer Your question (didnt read the whole tread, i say the rest would say te same even not reading the whole lot either :)

Yeah, that would make sense as to why the car was in bay 1 for the usual time. But I am having an intelligent guess when I say that the results would then be "N/A" once a leak/hole was discovered in the exhaust. The rest of the thread is just the other guy denying things. I think this link => http://i.ytimg.com/vi/i3gT_nn3GYc/0.jpg to a youtube image of the video he made private should be enough to show that he full of BS.

Unfortunately, it is not very clear, but I could only get a thumbnail of the very recently privatised video.

As far as I could tell, the video was taken on the N4, or M4 near the Killucan exit.
Last edited by goz_83 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Im after reading the lot now and the only thing i can ask is wt hell lads.

Both of U should edit all Yer posts to erase the content, especially about racing and all as this forum and anyone on here doesn't approve that kinda behavior!

Gary U never consider that Your man might mean, he race on Public closed roads, like the ones under maintenance for example.
Also he could have been only checking are U genuine man that never race on public roads Yourself mate, telling the stories that he does that himself if ya get me.

U cant know for sure till the plates are clearly seen on the video i think :r

Back on topic now, what does say on the NCT fail sheet that the emissions weren't tested at all, for what reason? Does it state that the system is leaking or something, this should cut off the discussion lads.

Edit:

What cars the picture is showing and who they belong to? :smt006
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby mivecrx » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Nice picture goz, what is it of? two cars driving on a dual carriage way it seems.

You're after accusing me of street racing with zero proof and I wan't all the post stating that removed! I'm sure the Mods will agree on that.

@brccrx Are you sure it's two cars? very hard make out :r
mivecrx

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:38 pm

@brccrx

Will post up the nct sheet later. Car is at brother in laws place with fail sheet. I sent you a PM.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:40 pm

mivecrx wrote:Nice picture goz, what is it of? two cars driving on a dual carriage way it seems.

You're after accusing me of street racing with zero proof and I wan't all the post stating that removed! I'm sure the Mods will agree on that.

@brccrx Are you sure it's two cars? very hard make out :r

How about you make that video public again? :lol:
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Next

Return to NCT \ MOT