Cheap track day at Mondello? Maybe not!

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Cheap track day at Mondello? Maybe not!

Postby CJ » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:44 pm

Out of Interest, I got on to Mondello to see how much they charge for club track days, unless you've got at least 20 cars, it ain't cheap:

Ian Beatty - Circuit Operations Manager wrote:We hold track days for the Porsche and BMW owners clubs and they hire the circuit for a half day. The price for the National circuit is €3,000 and €5,000 for the International, these prices are exclusive of vat. In order to hire the circuit you will need to have 3rd party public liability insurance as it is a term on our contract. If you need any more information feel free to e-mail me.

I reckon you'd get much better value for money up North...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:23 pm

They also run their own open track days as well - I think this would be a realistic option (less hassle and cheaper) for a club such as our own or maybe join up with another club.

I for one would love a blast round Mondello.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:55 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:They also run their own open track days as well - I think this would be a realistic option (less hassle and cheaper) for a club such as our own or maybe join up with another club.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, I asked this question before and some people were not too keen with getting on the track with other cars. I'd be fine with jumping in with another club (i.e ISDC) but I wouldn't be too comfortable with the open day idea...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:08 pm

CJ wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:They also run their own open track days as well - I think this would be a realistic option (less hassle and cheaper) for a club such as our own or maybe join up with another club.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, I asked this question before and some people were not too keen with getting on the track with other cars. I'd be fine with jumping in with another club (i.e ISDC) but I wouldn't be too comfortable with the open day idea...

CJ

I doubt you'd get too many muppets - trackdays don't tend to attract a boyracer scene - petrol-heads have too much regard for their car to go scrapping doors with anyone else on track. TBH I'd rather be on track with someone who attends regular track days than a bunch of newbies driving Miss Daisy.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic