A crash, a claim, a nightmare....

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Muad_dib77 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:25 am

If you do get the new bumper I'd be interested in the broken one... (regardless if it has damage or not)..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby mcgon1979 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:14 pm

I've already been PM'd by someone looking the bumper. I can understand why there is interest in it now, not many floating around! I'll see what the story is once I get it off.
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:31 pm

mcgon1979 wrote:I'll see what the story is once I get it off.

fnarr!
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:32 pm

Lad's I've got one way worse than any of ye'r stories!!!! Me being Me crashed into one of the feuding family member's of Limerick No wait!!!! I put that wrong THEY crashed into me!!!!! :smt068
When you're good, you're good....... but when you're great you're ME
Marie
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:35 am

No word on the bumper. I kicked up a fuss with AJKs and they had the Castlerock motors dealer (who ordered the part) call me. The part was ordered on Sept 11th. They have had NO word back from Japan about when it will be shipped. I also emailed the main mitsu-ireland site asking about the part. got this reply. I'm wondering is it available at all. The guy in castle rock said something about Japan not returning their emails etc. god damn it.

Dear Sir,
In reference to your email dated 08th October last, I can tell you that this part can be ordered through any of our main dealers. Although I have been advised by our parts department that this part could be some time coming into stock. One of our dealers ordered this very part back in mid September and it's still out of stock, with no exact date of supply.
However for your convenience I have attached a copy of our dealer network list. As I said, Any of these dealerships will gladly assist you. The part number you require is MR344296.

Best regards,
Aisling.
Mitsubishi House
JFK Drive, Naas Road
Dublin 12
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:36 pm

mcgon1979 wrote:No word on the bumper. ......

If I was you I'd have spent the money on aftermarket DC skirts and bumper - It would likely not work out any more expensive than buying an OE bumper from a main dealer.

Something along the lines of Daves last FTO -

Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:55 pm

To be honest, I really like the standard face lift bumper. Plus I was getting the car fixed through insurance, so not sure you can 'mod' while replacing OE parts. I'll give them another month I suppose. :oops:
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:18 pm

you could always pay the claim back if it wasn't too much and then look after your own car....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:54 pm

mcgon1979 wrote:To be honest, I really like the standard face lift bumper. Plus I was getting the car fixed through insurance, so not sure you can 'mod' while replacing OE parts. I'll give them another month I suppose. :oops:

I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem if you just mentioned that the OE parts were not available and you had to go with an aftermarket supplier for the parts - as long as the price of parts would seem similar I don't see how they could have an issue. The labour will be more or less the same.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:23 am

mcgon1979 wrote:Hey Daz,
Yeah I'm hoping its just pushed back. no signs of any damage to it inside or out. The assessor wasn't even going to entertain possibly replacing it anyways :) I'll get AJKs to examin it when (IF) they fit the new bumper. they said they might need to realign the wings and bonnet. yawn. Hopefully it will all be good before crimbo. :P

Hope it all works out for ya.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby mcgon1979 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:52 pm

hey all, anyways... the saga continues.... I enquired up north and guess what, they can get the facelift OE front bumper next day!!! I have been waiting 6 weeks so far down south with no word back from japan.
I told AJK I will source it myself and they said they will be charged anyways? surely there is a limit. I mean if a part is taking longer than a month and has not been dispatched surely you can change your mind without being charged. this next day stuff from Donnelly in Dungannon sounds great.
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:28 pm

can u not get the garage to order it from up north??
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby mcgon1979 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:37 pm

Muad_dib77 wrote:can u not get the garage to order it from up north??

waiting for the repair place AJK to call back. The last time (10 days ago) that I told them I'd source it myself they got all freaked and said "eh, well, we will be charged" etc etc. I doubt it though. If the Irish Mitsu dealer site has not had word that its available yet or dispatched after 6 weeks Im sure they can cancel it. Your man in AJK was probably just saying that to me.

These boys in Dungannon are dead sound so I'd prefer to take them up on the next day availability etc and order the bits through them. When AJK call back I'll see how flexible they can be. In fairness I cannot wait indefinitely even if it is through the insurance.
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby mcgon1979 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:03 pm

AJK decided to go with the bumper from Dungannon. They had it 48hours after ordering it. And its the right one :D :D Facelift OE bumper.
SO, now the dublin crowd are saying, "eh eh it left japan yesterday, so you'll be billed" haha.. yeah right. for the past 7 weeks its been "eh, we don't know, there are no emails coming in so we don't know when or if it will be ship, etc etc" Ah well... We'll cross that bridge later. So hopefully the car will be back good as new in a week max. touch wood. Pics to follow then of course. I'll probably be without the Version R sticker off the front bumper will be the only thing, but that doesn't bother me tbh.
I don't care if it takes 3 days or 7 days now. The fact its gone in to get done Im over the moon. :lol:
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Bernard » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:39 pm

Excellent news, congrats.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:19 am

mcgon1979 wrote:AJK decided to go with the bumper from Dungannon. They had it 48hours after ordering it. And its the right one :D :D Facelift OE bumper.
SO, now the dublin crowd are saying, "eh eh it left japan yesterday, so you'll be billed" haha.. yeah right. for the past 7 weeks its been "eh, we don't know, there are no emails coming in so we don't know when or if it will be ship, etc etc" Ah well... We'll cross that bridge later. So hopefully the car will be back good as new in a week max. touch wood. Pics to follow then of course. I'll probably be without the Version R sticker off the front bumper will be the only thing, but that doesn't bother me tbh.
I don't care if it takes 3 days or 7 days now. The fact its gone in to get done Im over the moon. :lol:

Just a thought if they try to push it that they want you to be charged then say ok charge me and i'll collect it tomorrow, if they don't have it, which is what i think you suspect they will come up with another excuse then you say due to the time wasted waiting till now and the further time wasted with whatever excuse they have given you for not having it tomorrow say you will now start charging them(it should work both ways, i'm sure a judge would see it that way if they tried to sue) so much per day for not having it, For the inconvenience and for them forcing and harrasing you to pay for something you no longer need due to their inability to do simple task of ordering a part. Needles to say one of two things will happen. 1) they will say ok leave it or 2) you will get it cheep and come on here and sell it, i'm sure you'll get takers.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby mcgon1979 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:32 am

Job Done! :)
at last!!!

mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:56 am

Nice Job - looks like a good fit!
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby mcgon1979 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:16 am

Yep, I am very happy with their work and would recommend. And I am a VERY picky person when it comes to attention to detail. They got it spot on. bonnet perfect, and inside behind bumper is very tidy, mesh etc, all looks like factory work. spot on. hehe :)
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Bernard » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:42 pm

So you'll be going to the next meet....
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mcgon1979 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:58 pm

Bernard wrote:So you'll be going to the next meet....

with bells on :P :D
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:35 pm

looks great. at least there's no bad workmanship to keep reminding you of the whole incident.
colm_mcm

Postby mcgon1979 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:05 pm

yeah, it had to be done right. Even if it meant me shelling out myself, thats the reason I went to AJK. Good reputation. Ended up having to foot the bill for rental of a car for 2 weeks though ARGHH.. Quinn would not pay it because I didn;t go with 'their garage' to fix the car. ah well. alls well that ends well :P
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Great job done on it, very good indeed

Postby Gerry » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:51 am

Great job done on it, very good indeed
Gerry
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby mcgon1979 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:24 pm

UPDATE...

Anyways, the badge flew off in the rain one day last week. So I rang them up monday morning just gone. The guy was straight up honest and said they had ordered a new badge for my bumper and had it here, but someone hoovered it up or something so they had to use my old badge last minute with double sided tape?!?!?! No wonder it flew off. Not what you expect for a 3k job. Anyways, he said they would get one in for me asap and sort it. heat gun the area to dry it out and stick on the new one.
I said I would call back friday (today) to confirm I could drop in on Saturday morning and have it affixed.
Rang up today, receptionist said the guy was not there right now. Told her the story. She rang back 30 mins later saying they could not get that badge down south and it needs to come form the north and could I ring back this time next week. I said WHAT?! this time, like you mean NEXT FRIDAY?!
She was like "eh... yeah, you see its an FTO and the parts are hard to get and rare and blah blah blah" basically tired to BS me. Bare in mind your man told me weeks earlier that the badges are generic and he could get one no hassles. (as he did the first time!!!..or so they say?).
So I told her to forget it, I'll try and source it myself. (as I did with the bumper, which I got in 48hours!!!). she said "ah right, so you'll take care of that then and drop in with it to be fitted is it?" WTF? Im expected to pay the 30euro or whatever for it now? Im not pleased. I was happy with the work etc, but small hiccups like this have made me a little unhappy. :( :(
I emailed the guy who I got the bumper off in the north, Im sure he can get that badge for me tomorrow. Think I might just fit it myself? I think they are just peel and stick badges, no adhesive or anything required.
anyone know it it really takes 2 weeks to get a "generic" mitsu badge?
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

PreviousNext

Return to Motor Insurance