Roll on tuesday

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Roll on tuesday

Postby soc » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:58 pm

Remap day on Tuesday... can't wait. Got some prep to do this weekend, fit a new DV and clean out the MAF but roll on those 200 ponies :twisted:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Roll on tuesday

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:32 pm

shane wrote:Remap day on Tuesday... can't wait. Got some prep to do this weekend, fit a new DV and clean out the MAF but roll on those 200 ponies :twisted:

Did someone say something about 200ponies?
Ahhh! - Its good to own a manual mivec. :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:39 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
shane wrote:Remap day on Tuesday... can't wait. Got some prep to do this weekend, fit a new DV and clean out the MAF but roll on those 200 ponies :twisted:

Did someone say something about 200ponies?
Ahhh! - Its good to own a manual mivec. :lol:

Not only 200 ponies but you've got the mivec V6 shreik too.... :twisted: I'm hoping the coming 220ft lb's of torque will help in some way to offset my car's lack of good looks, carisma and a decent sounding engine.. ;)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:35 pm

shane wrote: I'm hoping the coming 220ft lb's of torque will help in some way to offset my car's lack of good looks, carisma and a decent sounding engine.. ;)

I admire your honesty Shane ;)

Looking forward to the before \ after comparisons, thats a lot of Ibs per ft of torque to be playing around with....

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:31 pm

CJ wrote:
shane wrote: I'm hoping the coming 220ft lb's of torque will help in some way to offset my car's lack of good looks, carisma and a decent sounding engine.. ;)

I admire your honesty Shane ;)

Ah sure you have to tell it like it is. The Golf is good craic and pretty functional but for pure driving pleasure the FTO completely outshines it

CJ wrote:Looking forward to the before \ after comparisons, thats a lot of Ibs per ft of torque to be playing around with....

CJ

Aye, I'm looking forward to that myself - it's been feeling a bit flat lately - I suspect the MAF night need to be cleaned (doing it this weekend) and this is affecting performance :wink:

Tuesday evening should be fun :twisted:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:25 pm

All I can say is..... amazing! Totally transforms the car - only had a chance to play with the low down pull on the way home but so far very impressed. Wheel alignment with dave mccann is next up...
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:29 pm

shane wrote:All I can say is..... amazing! Totally transforms the car - only had a chance to play with the low down pull on the way home but so far very impressed. Wheel alignment with dave mccann is next up...

Good stuff, result! When you're out by Dave McCann, give me a shout, I'm only up the road.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:37 pm

CJ wrote:
shane wrote:All I can say is..... amazing! Totally transforms the car - only had a chance to play with the low down pull on the way home but so far very impressed. Wheel alignment with dave mccann is next up...

Good stuff, result! When you're out by Dave McCann, give me a shout, I'm only up the road.

CJ

I might head out either tomorrow or thursday lunchtime - more likely to be thursday. I'll give you a shout if you want...
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic