Octane booster

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Octane booster

Postby CJ » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:00 pm

Does anyone know the additional RON rating that can be achieved with run of the mill octane booster? I always fill up with Super, but last weekend, I filled up with std. unleaded and dropped a can of octane booster in the tank. I felt that the car pulled a lot quicker with the latter combo and its cheaper as well. I've rounded off the figures by a cent each side, but you get the idea:

SUL (97RON)

60L @ 110c per litre = €66

Unleaded (95 RON) + booster

60L @ 85c per litre = €51 + €7 (Oct. boost) = €59

OK, not a massive saving, but over the year it would add up to a saving of €182 or three fills of petrol.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Octane booster

Postby soc » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:00 pm

CJ wrote:Does anyone know the additional RON rating that can be achieved with run of the mill octane booster? I always fill up with Super,

do you have to fill the GPX with super unleaded? that's pretty expensive when normal unleaded is only 80c - 81c a litre
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:59 pm

Its recommended that you use super with the V6 engine, means you get no detonation/pinking etc. I certainly notice the difference between UL and SUL.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Speedyboy » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:20 pm

I find Super to be a lot more economical i get far better milage to justify the extra expense, Im trying millers octane boost this week in the tank as i cant buy super in galway, Where are you buying the octane boost from?

Cheers
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Return to General FTO Discussion