group text alerts

If you've any comments on what might make fto-ireland.com a better site, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

group text alerts

Postby paul2508 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:28 pm

i just thought it might be useful, football clubs use it to notify players of training times and kick off time etc. if everyone was to agree to send their mobile number to whoever , colm even, he is thre one who seems to organise events and meets , he could gather all the numbers put them under a group on a mobile phone, even a seperate sim card, so whenever a meet or event is coming up he could send a group text so the message would go to all the members who sent their number, just in case few people forgot or better still didint know about the meets etc, im sure more people would attend . it would be good to keep people informed and up to date about all the latest on the club site too.

just thought id throw my idea in

cheers.

Paul.
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508
FTO-Ireland rules my world

Re: group text alerts

Postby Sebastian » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:06 am

i use to text anyone i had numbers from when a meet/minimeet was due , tre replies were minimum :roll:
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Dragonheart » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:57 am

I just keep an eye on the forum, after all I guess thats what the meets section is for. No point in getting a fella wasting all his credit or running up a bill texting a load of people when all the info is right here, people just have to keep an eye on it more.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby paul2508 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Dragonheart wrote:I just keep an eye on the forum, after all I guess thats what the meets section is for. No point in getting a fella wasting all his credit or running up a bill texting a load of people when all the info is right here, people just have to keep an eye on it more.

you have a point mate, just a thought
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508

Return to Suggestions, announcements and updates