Only good things to say......

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Only good things to say......

Postby soc » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:01 am

I have to post to commend Axa insurance. Since moving from QD I've had nothing but excellent dealings with them - their staff have been polite and helpful everytime I've ever rang - they sorted me out asap when the gti was stolen and just this morning I woke to find a letter explaining how they secured payment from Hibernian for my little incident with a cement truck and they enclosed a check returning excess! In this case I took a risk by claiming for the repairs on my own policy under the agreement Axa would persue Hibernian for recovery of costs - the risk being Axa wouldn't push Hibernian hard on the issue & in the end just load my policy.... but fair play to them - in 4 weeks they managed to get Hibernian to pay out and they returned my excess and all without any phonecalls/hassling on my behalf......

Now is that what we should all be paying our policies for ;)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AL » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:15 pm

but isnt this the level/quality of customer care we should expect, afterall WE fork out our hard earned cash for these HI cost premiums............. a rant from AL ........... anti AXA all the way.
ive been there, done that and wont be back :shock:
AL
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Mustang » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:11 pm

Shane would you care to tell us the price you are paying for this cover verses the current price offered by QD? I think this would be useful to put into context the 'relative value' of the axa service.
My recent experiences with AXA have been negative. Quote 100% more expensive than the next best quote for cover on the 156, no quote for FTO. When my mother was renewing recently they wanted €700, verses €430 from Hibernian (also a shower I have contempt for :smt074 ), that's 62% more than the best quote.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:02 pm

AL wrote:but isnt this the level/quality of customer care we should expect, afterall WE fork out our hard earned cash for these HI cost premiums............. a rant from AL ........... anti AXA all the way.
ive been there, done that and wont be back :shock:

I agree, we should expect this level of service but unfortunately these days customer service and value for money is becoming something of a myth in ireland. Which is why I'm even more suprised at the good experience I've had with Axa.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:09 pm

Mustang wrote:Shane would you care to tell us the price you are paying for this cover verses the current price offered by QD? I think this would be useful to put into context the 'relative value' of the axa service.

I'm currently paying €1050 fully comp with protect no-claims. I was paying 980 TPFT with QD on the FTO and they quoted me €1450 fully comp on the gti - but to be honest, after the crap I had with QD over my accident 7 years ago they would have to be at leats 75% cheaper before I'd go near them again!

My recent experiences with AXA have been negative. Quote 100% more expensive than the next best quote for cover on the 156, no quote for FTO. When my mother was renewing recently they wanted €700, verses €430 from Hibernian (also a shower I have contempt for :smt074 ), that's 62% more than the best quote.

The more I hear the more I'm starting to think it's luck of the draw..... unless of course for some reason they associate golf gti's with old, middle aged, pipe and slipper types ;)

Still I got a reasonable quote on an S3 and 225 TT (€1350 full comp)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:08 pm

I don't think the rant is really justified because in each case there seems to be better services. Axa for example offer comprehensive cover on other cars if you have comp. policy yourself. Might mean something to others, nothing to others.

The important thing really is to shop around and then go back to them. They can either match it or lose your business. And the following year you do the same thing again and find what's the best policy for you and try and battle it down with them.

I read an interview with some successful business man once, short interview and one question about advice, he gave the answer that you should never accept the first quote.

The cheapest quote is not always the best but it should be used anyway to get as much off the other quotes.

The biggest problem of course with the Fto is that there's normally only one or so quote.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby PT FTO » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:42 pm

Gotta agree with SOC on this. I'm with AXA on the FTO and yes they were not the cheapest quote but when I went back to them with the lowest quote they matched it.
Their comp cover is good and I don't know if this is the same with all insurance companies but with AXA if you have your P&J stolen then your NCB is unaffected nor is it with fire claims.
All in all I'm happy with these add-ons and the price from AXA so I'm staying put....................
mmmm!! GPX........and its not all mine anymore....:-(
PT FTO
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Motor Insurance