Drove a GPX

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Drove a GPX

Postby adrian » Thu May 29, 2003 9:19 am

Hey all,

Met Daz last night and he gave me a spin out the M4 in his GPX 4sp tip. WOW! An unreal difference between my GS and that...worlds and worlds apart. The roar! Thanks Daz!

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Re: Drove a GPX

Postby soc » Thu May 29, 2003 9:43 am

adrian wrote:Hey all,

Met Daz last night and he gave me a spin out the M4 in his GPX 4sp tip. WOW! An unreal difference between my GS and that...worlds and worlds apart. The roar! Thanks Daz!

A

please someone sell me a mint manual GPX :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Thu May 29, 2003 9:54 am

A

so there's a big diff between GS and GPX - do you get a "push back in seat" type of acceleration?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Thu May 29, 2003 10:30 am

Well it was Daz's prize winning GPX so I didn't trash it but, yea, different car completely. It was a 4sp TIP so I can't imagine what a manual would be like. I'd pay over the odds for one if anyone wants to sell me a 1997 + manual GPX...with the way I feel this morning anyway. It revs the whole way through the red line. I LOVE my GS, you you all know, but it's in the league 3rd division compared to the GPX.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Thu May 29, 2003 1:53 pm

A

I remember the day I took my mates GPX tip out on the M50 after a year of manual GS ownership, I was gobsmacked at the difference in acceleration and speed, there really is no comparison. I then bought the same car a few months later and havn't looked back ;)
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Thu May 29, 2003 1:54 pm

shane wrote:
so there's a big diff between GS and GPX - do you get a "push back in seat" type of acceleration?

Shane, that offers still open, why not see for yourself?
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Thu May 29, 2003 2:20 pm

Went up to Auto Point (importers) at the airport roundabout at lunch time in search of a GPX and the chap there told me that the FTO has really really dropped off from an import point of view. he didn't know why really...says maybe that it's cause they are approaching their 10 year from creation mark. He said that from the 100's of cars he has to choose from in Japan that none of them are FTO's. Told me to contact High Grade (or Hi Grade maybe??) imports at the docks. They might be able to help...but maybe not. He said tha FTO has died a bit even in Japan.

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Daz » Thu May 29, 2003 8:58 pm

A

Not a problem bud glad you enjoyed it, now just imagine a manual version and all that extra power again :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby soc » Fri May 30, 2003 10:16 am

CJ wrote:
shane wrote:

Shane, that offers still open, why not see for yourself?

cheers ciaran, it's just finding the time.... that and the fact that I don't want to end up disappointed with my little old GS
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri May 30, 2003 10:52 am

cheers ciaran, it's just finding the time.... that and the fact that I don't want to end up disappointed with my little old GS

You won't be too disappointed with your GS, its just good to put things in perspective ;)
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General FTO Discussion