seriously like... what next lol

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

seriously like... what next lol

Postby MY-JAP-MISTRESS » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:58 pm

well after forking out for new kyb shocks all round i thought my spending for the summer would be done and i could start to save for some nice white alloys. no no no dont be silly.... drip drip drip went the water pump. kind of a pain in the rear havin to replace the water pump, but since she about a year overdue for a timeing belt im counting myself lucy this time its just a new water pump needed and not a new engine.
orderd all parts from camskill so be here next week £210 coverd belt kit, cambelt tensioner and waterpump del. things i do for my mistress are bankrupting me!!
MY-JAP-MISTRESS
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: seriously like... what next lol

Postby Sebastian » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 pm

ah the joys of having an FTO :) .
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby MY-JAP-MISTRESS » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:43 am

i love owning my fto... but i hate getting the bus
MY-JAP-MISTRESS
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby TopCat » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Sebastian wrote:ah the joys of having an FTO :) .

Think its more just having a 10+ year old car. Overall, I don't think the FTO is an expensive car to keep, regular maintenance it the key.
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby MY-JAP-MISTRESS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:10 pm

TopCat wrote:
Sebastian wrote:ah the joys of having an FTO :) .

Think its more just having a 10+ year old car. Overall, I don't think the FTO is an expensive car to keep, regular maintenance it the key.

yea this is true my fto is now 16 and it had been very well looked after over the years. its just gettin hit with 2 big money fixes in the same month is very hard on the bank account. anyway not to worry the parts have arrrived and should get my baby back on friday all fixed and ready for a polishing session.
MY-JAP-MISTRESS
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby MY-JAP-MISTRESS » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 pm

ok so the latest update is that i got the car back and its running like a dream. just got the one problem if anyone can help. when getting my kyb shocks they all fit great exept for the drivers front, cant seem to get the spring to sit right in the shock. its driveable but if i hit a pothole a lil too hard it likes to make a noise. could this be because i got my apexi springs 2nd hand and they just have had there day or the front drivers one anyway. the guy who fitted them said the shock is a slightly diff shape to the origional. im stumped to tell you the truth and think my mot is up month after next and dont want it failing on this after forking out so much money on the shockers
MY-JAP-MISTRESS
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Sgt_Major » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Is there a knock when turning the steering wheel from extreme side to side?

Mine did that after lowering, and I had to replece the top mount bearings on the front driver side (I did both fronts, cos Im anal like that)
Sgt_Major
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby MY-JAP-MISTRESS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Sgt_Major wrote:Is there a knock when turning the steering wheel from extreme side to side?

Mine did that after lowering, and I had to replece the top mount bearings on the front driver side (I did both fronts, cos Im anal like that)

no its not the top mount bearings ive alerady replaced them aswell as swopping all bushes for poly ones. it dont make any noise turning from extreem left to right its only when I hit a pothole it will bang and not twang
MY-JAP-MISTRESS
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to General FTO Discussion