Toll e-Tags

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Toll e-Tags

Postby Kace » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Anyone have any strong opinions on what is the best e-Tag to get for the M50 / EastLink and CountryWide tolls. Some of them seem to be huge big things, while others are nice and neat behind the mirror.

Anyone had any good / bad experiences ?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Toll e-Tags

Postby colm_mcm » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm also looking for one for the tunnel in limerick that's direct debit not credit card
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:34 pm

I use the video account for the m50, because I don't like the tag idea. It only works for the m50, but that's all i need it for as I rarely even use that toll. All the others I pay cash.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:34 pm

colm_mcm wrote:I'm also looking for one for the tunnel in limerick that's direct debit not credit card

Yep, retarded system, you can buy a card and 'top it up' but for the little you save and the hassle it's not worth it.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:56 pm

I was under the impression that for limerick these tags actually cost you more than just paying cash?

Still want one as I don't carry cash much and I don't like queuing.
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:19 pm

colm_mcm wrote:I was under the impression that for limerick these tags actually cost you more than just paying cash?

Still want one as I don't carry cash much and I don't like queuing.

I think it depends on how much you use them Colm. On some, its a minimum monthly amount, or atleast it was when the etoll was first introduced.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:53 am

Fr as i know for the limerick one there is no discount for tag users. So obviously there's admin costs etc on top of the normal €1.80, I always throw €2 into the basket though.....

I'd use it 10 times a week
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:14 pm

On the same token, there is admin for cash/coin. It has to be counted, stored, recorded and it has an impact on insurance for holding cash on premises. They likely have to use a cash in transit provider too. Electronic is easy for them. Once the system is set up, it saves them a bomb. Running and maintenance can be tiny compared to cash costs.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:40 pm

I use an e-flow tag mainly on M1, M50 and port tunnel occasionally. Has worked fine on all national tolls to date. I have the tag hidden behind be the tax disc holder i.e. pretty much out of sight. May not suit everyone though, €30 gets debited from your bank a/c when the balance drops below a certain threshold.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:47 pm

I use www.easytrip.ie - their tag is small (2.5cm x 1.5cm) and fits neatly behind your rear view mirror.
Theres an audible bip when it registers with the tolling booth/espress lane and can also be used in many of the larger car parks.

Impressed so far - I was previously geting hockeyed on fines on that M50 toll as I usually forgot to pay by the time I got home :oops:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:I use http://www.easytrip.ie - their tag is small (2.5cm x 1.5cm) and fits neatly behind your rear view mirror.
Theres an audible bip when it registers with the tolling booth/espress lane and can also be used in many of the larger car parks.

Impressed so far - I was previously geting hockeyed on fines on that M50 toll as I usually forgot to pay by the time I got home :oops:

That looks impressive alright. If I only use the M50 once in a month, it basically pays me back, as I currently pay €2.50 per trip. I rarely use it, but it would be more than a dozen journeys annually. I can't seem to get much info on the car parking thing though. I think I will order one of the hired tags anyway and cancel the fto from the video account. Seems pointless buying one, as it would take over 2 years to balance out and a better service/tag might become available in the interim.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:I use http://www.easytrip.ie - their tag is small (2.5cm x 1.5cm) and fits neatly behind your rear view mirror.

That looks nice alright - might go for one of those. Love the idea of the audible blip - do the others not have this?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 am

Just got my easytrip tag today with parking included, I will let you know how I get on.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby goz_83 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Yeah I got mine over a week ago. Works fine, but no blip did i hear. They also charge your card a "handling fee", which i found very annoying!!!
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:03 am

My eflow tag beeps at all Irish tools apart from the M1.

I spend about 60 quid a month on tolls, I really should do a cost comparison on the options (unless someones done the work already?)
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic