This car just gets better and better

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

This car just gets better and better

Postby soc » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:51 am

I think I'm gonna have real hard time (when the time finally comes) finding a car to replace the FTO - they are just so good.

Shooting accorss the M50 from Malahide last night , how easy it was to overtake, effortless acceleration from 70 upwards. Some mickey in a golf GTI took offence and starting tailgating me at 75/80 mph so I let him go (I like my licence clean thanks very much). How happy was I come accross the same guy on the Grange Road going past Marley Park. He put the boot down along that road so I obliged too (had a good look for coppers first) and all I can say is WOW....... the FTO totally burned him, I had to back off more than once. At next set of lights I was going right so got opportunity to pull up alongside him..... hehe, he wouldn't even look at me - he looked gutted!!!!

Even the small stuff makes me smile now..... like wasting a "40 something I'm great cause of my BMW and I drive fast everywhere so get out of my way" asshole BMW 318 driver on the way to work today - he just wouldn't accept defeat and kept driving up my ass in traffic - how depressed must he have been when at every break in traffic I totally wasted him :) I even slowed down on the East Wall road so he could catch up but only so I could leave him for dead again...... :twisted:

I love my FTO!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:05 pm

I'm still surprising myself too and I have mine a few months. I try not to push it too hard and that isn't difficult what with the roads and fear of penalty points but now and again you get the chance to put the foot down and push that little bit more than you have before.

But watching out for speed checks is a big incentive to slow down isn't it.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:48 pm

I ended up being called into work @ 12am last nite, the roads were empty and I found that I had problems sticking within the speed limits ;)
I nearly forgot what a GPX is capable of, getting dragged into work was worth the hassle!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:13 pm

CJ wrote:I ended up being called into work @ 12am last nite, the roads were empty and I found that I had problems sticking within the speed limits ;)
I nearly forgot what a GPX is capable of, getting dragged into work was worth the hassle!

Ciaran

yea - torque steer at 5500rpm in 1st gear is a scary thing on a typically narrow, bumpy irish road.... but it's a whole lot of fun on a nice stretch of dual carriage way when you are burning some old codger in his 50K euro 320ci - especially when he tries to look like he wasn't trying at the next set of traffic lights!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:45 pm

Was that you Shane yesterday heading towards the M50 after 7pm yesterday?
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby soc » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:21 pm

Ivan E wrote:Was that you Shane yesterday heading towards the M50 after 7pm yesterday?

no, sorry mate - I was well home from work by 7pm yesterday :-) did you see a wine FTO?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:24 pm

Still exciting after 4 1/2 years lads !!!
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:50 pm

shane wrote:
Ivan E wrote:Was that you Shane yesterday heading towards the M50 after 7pm yesterday?

no, sorry mate - I was well home from work by 7pm yesterday :-) did you see a wine FTO?

Yeah I did, well polished up and all. The guy flashed at me so I thought it could have been yourself seeing as he was coming from that sort of direction.

So who could it have been.....
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby soc » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:20 am

Ivan E wrote:
shane wrote:

Yeah I did, well polished up and all. The guy flashed at me so I thought it could have been yourself seeing as he was coming from that sort of direction.

So who could it have been.....

Thanks to the building site I'm living on mine ain't very well polished up at the moment - it could have been Dave - his is wine although you'd notice his with the kit.

This Sunday will see my first polish of the new car... can't wait. Hehe, that's just a bit sad ain't it.... looking forward to polishing a car :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dean » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:22 am

Noone here is in Limerick are they? Keep seeing another silver fto burning around the place, and boy is the driver a hottie :) My mates were drooling at her :)
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Return to General FTO Discussion