Just joined

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Just joined

Postby silsder » Thu May 06, 2004 5:57 pm

Hello all

I guess I am the virgin of the pack. Just bought a 94 GR. Fell in love and as I am 42 and nearing mid life crisis, it was a sports car or an affair! Can't fault the hubby and I need him anyway to go on his car Insurance!!So far nobody will give us a quote and we are waiting a reply from St.Pauls. We have 7+yrs NCB, clean full Irish licences, any ideas anybody?
silsder
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Dave » Thu May 06, 2004 6:02 pm

give our offfice a bell, 01-4557955, we'll get you one no problems.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Just joined

Postby Daz » Sat May 08, 2004 4:33 am

silsder wrote:Hello all

I guess I am the virgin of the pack. Just bought a 94 GR. Fell in love

Welcome to the group :D

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby JD » Sat May 08, 2004 2:08 pm

Welcome Silsder, hope you get the insurance sorted out soon, you won't regret your purchase :D .

JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Insurance

Postby silsder » Mon May 10, 2004 9:19 pm

Hello there,
thanks for the welcome and help lads. Getting a few quotes back, €1198 Fully comp on hubbys insurance but have now decided to get my own insurance for first time( guess i picked the wrong car eh?) and was quoted €1,521 fully comp or tpft €1,423 is that bad?

By the way JD good news, you are no longer the elder lemon!! The above mentioned hubby is 45
silsder
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Ivan E » Tue May 11, 2004 1:58 pm

If he has his own car try swapping insurances and seeing if the combined total is much different. You should each be able to get some married joint insurances so you'll be insured in both. But you insuring his might be cheaper than insuring the fto. He insures the fto then.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby silsder » Tue May 11, 2004 2:14 pm

Thanks Ivan E

But we turning the other car into a Taxi and as you can imagine he needs all of his NCB for that.

Sils
silsder
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Dave » Tue May 11, 2004 2:16 pm

did you get a quote from our office?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby silsder » Tue May 11, 2004 2:23 pm

I did thanks Dave,
But is was €2,390 Fc. which was €869 dearer.

Sils
silsder
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Dave » Tue May 11, 2004 2:30 pm

that sounds like a lot, we would have the same markets as everyone else and if that was with StPaul i can't understand why it would be so much more expensive unless someone got your details wrong in here, if you want you can email me directly and i could get you a quote again with the right info.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby silsder » Tue May 11, 2004 2:49 pm

Thanks Dave will do soon

Sils
silsder
1st gear
1st gear

Postby silsder » Wed May 12, 2004 4:44 pm

Dave,
That quote was from ARB, and we got things sorted.
Thank for help.

Sils
silsder
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Dave » Wed May 12, 2004 4:48 pm

no problem, still don;t know why we came in so much more expensive. the same rates are applied to each brokerage, ah well.
happy motoring!! :)
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Insurance

Postby Kace » Wed May 12, 2004 11:27 pm

silsder wrote:Hello there,
thanks for the welcome and help lads. Getting a few quotes back, €1198 Fully comp on hubbys insurance but have now decided to get my own insurance for first time( guess i picked the wrong car eh?) and was quoted €1,521 fully comp or tpft €1,423 is that bad?

By the way JD good news, you are no longer the elder lemon!! The above mentioned hubby is 45

Those quotes are semi-OK given your NCB and age. As a matter of interest, who did you get them from ?
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JD » Thu May 13, 2004 7:38 pm

Hi again,
When I got the FTO last summer Allianze (who I was with in my old car) quoted me around 1,550 fully comp for myself and my wife and all the trimmings - I took it 'cause I didn't want to change from them at the time.

I rang them before my renewal this year and told them I was going elswhere and wanted a statement of my no claims bonus (they didn't seem to care on the phone), and sent me the details of my NCB, but when I got my renewal a couple of weeks later it was reduced it to 1,060. (which was the exact same quote I got from another company in the meantime - can't remember who it was but I got it through Dave's agency - thanks Dave :wink: ) so I stuck with Allianze.

Anyway, nice to know I'm noilonger the OAP in here anymore - I thought only youngfellows bought fto's :wink:

JD
JD

Postby silsder » Thu May 13, 2004 8:22 pm

First time out today, hope somebody bloody well spotted me!!
Does it count if I spotted my reflection in large window in Swords!! :D :D :D
We thought our Camry 2.2 was fast, but the FTO sure has some poke.
Hubby's :evil: best quote was St.Pauls
My :wink: . best quote was insure.ie (did online) €1521 FC with over 10 years as named driver.
I can leave him now that I have my own insurance.!
Its bye bye "Driving Miss Daisy", and hello "The fast and the furious". 8)
I call my fto "Diana Ross" because its beautiful long and black and does not liked to be searched.

Sils
silsder
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Thu May 13, 2004 10:38 pm

JD wrote:I thought only youngfellows bought fto's

Its not just youngflas JD, youngones buy them as well ;)
As I said before, when it comes to FTO ownership, age goes out the window, its good to see the...how do I say this...'non youngflas and youngones' taking pride in their cars and caring enough about them to get on a forum like this and talk about them.

silsder wrote:Its bye bye "Driving Miss Daisy", and hello "The fast and the furious". 8)

Sils, you won't know yourself in the FTO, its a crackin' car in terms of looks and performance and you just can't beat it when it comes to the price. I know I'm not alone here, but the amount of people that complement me on the car is unreal, I have never come across a car that gets as much attention as a 10 year old car like the FTO (OK maybe Supras, but thats it ;))

Good luck with it!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri May 14, 2004 8:11 am

Jd,
not trying to nab business or anything but if you put your policy with us, we would do that at every renewal and get a reduced premium every year. i know the big companies only see people as a number if you knwo what i mean. basically whatever quotes you can get especially from the big companies we can match or more than likely reduce plus we shop around to make sure your getting the best possible.

(that was a serious plug alright :wink: )

dave
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri May 14, 2004 1:33 pm

Dave wrote:Jd,
not trying to nab business or anything but if you put your policy with us, we would do that at every renewal and get a reduced premium every year. i know the big companies only see people as a number if you knwo what i mean. basically whatever quotes you can get especially from the big companies we can match or more than likely reduce plus we shop around to make sure your getting the best possible.

(that was a serious plug alright :wink: )

dave

My renewal is up in August and I think you just convinced me to try you guys for a quote :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri May 14, 2004 1:36 pm

CJ wrote:
Sils, you won't know yourself in the FTO, its a crackin' car in terms of looks and performance and you just can't beat it when it comes to the price. I know I'm not alone here, but the amount of people that complement me on the car is unreal, I have never come across a car that gets as much attention as a 10 year old car like the FTO
Good luck with it!

CJ

funny you should say that - after you left last night a punto on L plates with 5 young lads in it pulled up beside me as I waited to get on the roundabout - down came the window and one of them wanted to know if I'd swop.... then they started ranting on about what a great car the FTO is.... suffice to say I floored it onto the roundabout and down towards tempelogue to give them a taste of the crakcing FTO v6.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri May 14, 2004 1:42 pm

shane wrote: down came the window and one of them wanted to know if I'd swop....

I'm surprised they knew what it was, the dirt of the thing!

OK, I'll stop now 8)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Fri May 14, 2004 2:02 pm

CJ wrote:
shane wrote: down came the window and one of them wanted to know if I'd swop....

I'm surprised they knew what it was, the dirt of the thing!

OK, I'll stop now 8)

CJ

hehe, maybe they were actually arguing over what kind of car it was...... seriously though, you're right and I've no excuse other than being lazy. I wonder how much faster I'll be going after the 50Kg of dirt comes off the car.....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby silsder » Fri May 14, 2004 4:56 pm

CJ wrote:
JD wrote:I thought only youngfellows bought fto's

Hey, am I the only one who knows that FTO means Females Taking Over!

Sils
silsder
1st gear
1st gear

Postby ronbyrne » Fri May 14, 2004 8:37 pm

yehhh i'm 41 on the 25may, reckon i have another few years before i can't bend to get into my fto. i'll just have to stay in it then !
ronbyrne

Postby CJ » Sun May 16, 2004 5:24 pm

ronbyrne wrote: reckon i have another few years before i can't bend to get into my fto. i'll just have to stay in it then !

I can second that, I regulary see you horsing around D15 in the early morn, arthritis you don't have ;)
CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Motor Insurance