Good source for car stereos?

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Good source for car stereos?

Postby kevinod » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi guys,

on the lookout for a new car stereo, mine will only play at a volume you can only hear by turning the engine off! :( It's an old one anyway I guess, was second hand when I bought it 5 years ago so owes me nothing.

What's a good site pricewise? Was looking at caraudiodirect.co.uk which seems good. Don't want anything too fancy, but since I have a 10 cd changer I prob can't use any more would be nice to be able to control my ipod through the radio instead.

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Re: Good source for car stereos?

Postby miss-enzo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:28 pm

http://www.chinavasion.com/

i got mine off here and lee, his sis and her boyf have all bought them off here! only thing is you will get caught to pay about 50 to customs... but deffo worth it!!
My FTO is for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12725
miss-enzo
My other car's an FTO...as well
My other car's an FTO...as well

Postby Bernard » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:22 pm

kevinod wrote:What's a good site pricewise? Was looking at caraudiodirect.co.uk which seems good.

That's where I got mine (they have some nice double dins), delivery was about £20.
I had no problems and found them easy to deal with.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:36 am

Lidl occasionally have deal on car stereos, they're basically Silvercrest branded versions of the single din units available on chinavasion.com. The Chinese double din / TV / DVD / bluetooth units are good value for money (if a little cheap and cheerful), however, a main brand equivalent will cost significantly more. If you're after a double din with TV and all the bells and whistles, go to Chinavasion, otherwise, CarAudioDirect is a good option for main brand single dins. If you're not planning on using an amp, get a unit with the highest rated RMS output per channel to fit your budget (you can always upgrade the speakers to match at a later date).

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby eamop » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:54 pm

i got a smashing jvc headunit in great condition in the local scrap yard for 40e with all the proper cables still attached and it had an aux input for ipod on the front good place to get a good cheap brand name stereo oh i even got the remote as well
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby kevinod » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks guys, got a loan of an old Sony headunit my brother discovered he still had on a recent press clearout, works with the 10cd changer and all, so the panic is off. Time to check out reviews and watch ebay maybe...
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby cullen5998 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:19 am

Pixmania.ie, cheap and fast delivery.
Proud owner 95 GPX
cullen5998
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Off Topic