Maries accident

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Marie wrote:Shane you'd have to land on my car to get me to notice, must have spotted me just before my crash so :cry:

Oh dear - Do tell!
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Marie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Do you really want to know? With me it's alway's drama!
Ok so was on my way back to work, and stopped at the pedistrian crossing to allow an elderly man cross, well not really even allow I had to stop it's a pedistrian crossing! :x
This f%&kinf dumb twat student "yes I am sorry if anyone takes offence but I have a good reason to be bitter!" rear eneded me, worst thing is I could see it happening, if I drove I'd knock down the poor man, if I stayed she was about to kill my car, so pulled up the hand-brake pressed on the brakes as hard as possible and hoped for the best.
She hit me so hard the ashtray flew out and hit my shoulder the glovebox flew open and all my cd's fell out! I thought right the whole back of my car is gone? :(
When I got out to see, firstly if the pedistrian was ok as she almost pushed my car into him, and secondly to see my pride and joy, quite shocked to see such little damaged considering the whack she gave me, bumper slightly dented but alot of paint chipped and scraped!
So she starts roaring crying telling me how sorry she is, that she knew she needed new tyres but could not afford them because shes a broke student! Please don't go through insurance as it's my first year on the road! Please don't ring the guards I'm no full licenced driver with me, I've no tax either! :x
So being the softie I am I told her pull into the next petrol station and we see what we can sort out, exchange details, and go our different way's as soon as I get a quote I'll let her know.

She then hounds me for the rest of the day every half hour to see what the repairs will cost! Knowing I'm at work and haven't even shown Andrew yet let alone someone else! I get to a gargage the following day only to find out she has bent all the crash bars in the rear and they need to be replaced! I'm quoted €1500 from the first place €870 from the second place then I go to the bother of going on line to see if I can buy the parts myself and I can and with that the job will only cost €520 from Denis O'Dwyer crash repairs so I ring her and fill her in, and tell her I'm ok with the lowest price I know how hard it is beening a student I'd wait for the parts to come to get it repaired that way do you want to meet up to give me the cash, I'll get a bill head for you in return, and we will exchange the both in the local guarda station just to save any confusion.
She is then offended by the price! says I'm ripping her off, so at this stage I get my back up as I've done all the running and racing, and against my better judgement took her word for it! :evil: So I say well name the garage you want me to go to and I'm more then happy to go there I only want the job done right I don't care who does it!
She then back's off and says no I'll pay you, I'll meet you Monday at the LIT with the money, monday comes I ring her on my way home from work no answer! Eventually she texts me to say she can't make it, can we meet Wednesday? At this stage I have no other choice so I agree, low and behold Wednesday comes and goes still no sign of getting payment, will not take my calls! So I text to say I am going to the guards and she then returnes my call promosing to meet Friday, Friday comes and we are to meet at 5:30 in LIT she texts me at 5:28 to say she has a limit of €400 on her card she can't meet until tomorrow unless I want to meet now get the €400 and then the rest tomorrow, I let her know I'm there already and ask her to come speak to me, she show's up 20 min's late with serious attude and gives me €400 and arranges a time to meet the following day! I'm still waiting for the balance!
When you're good, you're good....... but when you're great you're ME
Marie
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:11 pm

As you chose not to call the guards and go the proper route, you'll have to go through the pain it would seem. Lesson learned....

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Marie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:12 pm

CJ wrote:As you chose not to call the guards and go the proper route, you'll have to go through the pain it would seem. Lesson learned....

CJ

Well and truely!
Marie

Postby Mustang » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:27 pm

CJ wrote:As you chose not to call the guards and go the proper route, you'll have to go through the pain it would seem. Lesson learned....

CJ

Fat lot of good that would do. My old man had an accident there about a year ago, literally 200m from the local main county garda station -plenty of staff (it would actually have been quicker for a guard to walk to the scene rather than drive). Despite calling into the station and reporting the accident, the guards would not report to the scene....civil matter.....go F#(k yourself, etc :roll:
It's occassions like that when you really feel you are getting value for your tax euro :evil:

Sorry to hear about the trouble Marie. Even the most minor fender bender, it always complete hassle.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Marie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:34 pm

Thank's Mustang :wink:
Same in this case, Henry street Guard station is only around the corner and I knew I should ring the guards, but my head was all over the place, I still had not moved house shattered from working around the clock all xmas on it, my life long friends partner also my cousin had hung himself the day before, so I was litterly in a daze and when I saw how upset she got my heart over ruled my head. I'd even get over the balance I don't really care she left me short it's listing to my father along with Andrew why didn't you ring the guard's! :? It's driving me nut's! So :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 to you CJ :lol:
Marie

Postby TopCat » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:53 pm

That such crap to have to deal with Marie, very sorry to hear that.
Its typical though, you try to be nice and it ends up thrown back in your face. :?
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:46 pm

Marie wrote: It's driving me nut's! So :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 to you CJ :lol:

That I can understand Marie, you have my sympathy. Its tough to know how to react in the heat of the moment

Unless you know the person, I'd encourage folks to go through the official route wherever possible. It may get dragged out but at least you won't have the hassle of dealing with ill-intentioned individuals.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Uncle B » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Can you not go through the insurance now?
She can't afford to fix it, that's what insurance is for.

I've had 2 small tips one was a dent in a rear bumper of a beemer, cost nearly €500 quid. Second was a tiny scratch on an Avensis, €300. I paid as soon as they got the quotes no problem. (This was when I was learning/prov licence)

Students are certainly not poor. It was a girl so she gets cheap insurance anyway. Ring the insurance company and sort it out if you can.

She made a stupid/dangerous mistake and had the neck to refuse to pay in full aswell as no tax/nct/license. Having inflated insurance costs is the bare minimum she deserves.

Lets be honest what are the chances of her sticking around if she hit your parked car when no one was around?

Sorry, I'm ranting but this crap just p****s me off.

Tell her if she doesn't come up with the remaining money at a time/place that suits you, you'll lodge a claim for the remaining amount through the insurance.

EDIT: Sorry to hear about everything you're going through Marie
Get out of here Nebulon! No one likes your style...
Uncle B
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby mcgon1979 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:54 pm

I don't know about the guards being the proper route? They are not interested unless there has been an injury or if there is no insurance on either vehicle. I was well and truly taken for a ride by someone I rear ended. All of a sudden their car needed everything from a new battery (yeah amazing what a rear bumper tap can do) to new wiring. Followed by a bad back, and a passenger bad knee etc etc. Don't try and "bargain" or do "favours". Use your insurance always.

People in Ireland are dishonest. It's that simple. If you are ever involved in ANY kind of accident, your fault or theirs, even if no damage is visible, exchange insurance details, and immediately after that ring your insurance company and report the circumstances to them in detail. That's the proper way to do it, and the reason we all pay insurance in the first place.

BTW: Im sorry for your hassle Marie. You tried to be nice and this person is unreliable and unhelpful. Hope it gets sorted for you soon.
Last edited by mcgon1979 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby d_dan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:54 pm

i know where your comming from.

Reciently I had damage done to my car by my neighbour reversed into the back of my car.

i gave them a quote of 1,400 and her husband went bad and rang me. said I im not in it for the money and just wanted my car fixed. (which i wasnt really as there were bits i wasnt getting fixed) and ended up i had to claim from their insurance and it costed over €2100 in the end
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:49 pm

Uncle B wrote:Can you not go through the insurance now?

Good point. I guess you would have to give the her 400 euro back Marie (I appreciate she didn't play fair with you, thats not to say you have to play her game). Why not call her and tell her you're taking this route - see what the response is.

Get what you're entitled to, don't let the other driver get away lightly. If she gets away with it once, she'll try it again if she's in the same situation. Stick to your guns....

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby optical illusion » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Marie, I'm sorry about all your trouble, where did this happen? Whether the guards are interested or not, always report it to them, even call into your nearest station and report it, just so you have proof it actually happened with them as a witness. Otherwise, it's your word against theirs, and like mcgon said, it's a dishonest country, who's to say that someone else entirely crashed into you?

Please next time think with your head and not your heart. Not the cleverest move you've ever made! TRUST NO ONE!!!!

By the way, your just ahead of fatboy in the bad luck stakes!!!

And uncle b, the thing about cheap insurance, BS, esp. if you're in your first year and on a prov, quinn or no quinn. My insurance is certainly nowhere near cheap.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Uncle B » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:25 pm

optical illusion wrote:And uncle b, the thing about cheap insurance, BS, esp. if you're in your first year and on a prov, quinn or no quinn. My insurance is certainly nowhere near cheap.

Ok sorry, I should have said cheaper difference between being male/female on a quinn policy (18, provision, 0 NCD, Micra 1ltr) is €800.

If she cant afford to pay tax/drive with legal tyres she shouldn't be on the road.
Uncle B

Postby optical illusion » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:30 pm

That's expensive, jeez! I was 500 on a 1.3 felecia.

True though, shouldn't be on the road with those tyres or no tax.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Nasty..

Marie - you're too nice for your own good..

Nice doesn't cut it in Ireland when it comes to accidents... A lesson I learned after approx 2 weeks of FTO ownership When I agreed to bypass insurance as well..

To be fair to the bloke that caused damage to my car - it wasn't his fault that the painter was colorblind and agressive.

Check with Rory for parts if you cant go down the insurance route... But I'd try handing back the 400e (GET A RECIEPT!) then placing a claim, cause you dont want it fixed on the cheap.. make sure it's fixed good and proper..

She made the decision to not get new tyres and go for a spin..

the 400e can probably by her a new set.. or go towards her premium.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby Marie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Oh I forgot to mention I even called into henery street station and reported it on the same day, but the guard took no details and just said it is a civil matter unless I want to go through insurance. Which was fair enough at the time.

I have all her details insurance address ect...
She refuses to take my calls now, will txt me later in the day with excuses about work and exams and classes, when my own stuff at home at the moment is really crap and I don't have time for this either, makes her excuses really poor.

She told me she was origionally going to put it on her credit card you see, but as I'm waiting on parts to come before I can book it in, I wasn't ok with not getting payment for that length of time, parts should be here by Friday if she doesn't pay by then I'll ring her insurance crowd.
Marie

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Marie,
If I were you I'd post her the money back and go through the insurance, if she wants to pay cash for your damages and maintain her NCB she can pay her insurance company and it saves you the hassle, the car can be fixed and you won't have to deal with her again...
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Maries accident

Postby eamop » Sat May 01, 2010 1:23 pm

you should contact her and tell her that he pensioner on the pedestrian crossing is going to stand as a witness to the accident and you are gonna contact the guards and her insurnce company with her reg and claim the full amount of the biggest quote you got if she doesn;t pay you the balance this might scare the female dog into paying up
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Uncle B » Sat May 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Hey Eamo you're way late, the last post here was from Jan '09!

Don't worry, happens to all of us! :smt003
Uncle B

Postby paul2508 » Sat May 01, 2010 3:41 pm

wonder how she got on in the end
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508
FTO-Ireland rules my world
FTO-Ireland rules my world

Postby eamop » Mon May 03, 2010 1:22 pm

my bad should of checked the dates lol ah well no harm done :smt003
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mcgon1979 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Jesus time flies eh....