Is there a new car on the horizon.....?

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Is there a new car on the horizon.....?

Postby soc » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:37 pm

I might finally be moving into the V6 league. I'm going to look at a few cars this week (2 of which are manual - whooppeeee) and hopefully I'll be placing a deposit and making a purchase! All pending the sale of my baby GS to Dean.

As you guys know I was considering other cars but this weekend (after washing and waxing the GS) made me decide that another FTO was the way to go! A couple of the builders working near the new house were chatting to me about the car and kept going on about how cool it looked (particularly the 2xtwin exit pipes), then in rathfarnham a guy kept flashing at me until I pulled over (thought something was wrong with the car) and he asked about the fto-ireland website and if I was knew anywhere that was selling FTO's, and finally I was out in powerscourt on Sunday and an old(ish) guy driving a porsche boxster parked beside me and starting telling me how it was a great looking car and couldn't believe I was selling her for EUR6,800.

So there you have it - the FTO is by faaarrrrrr the best looking motor on the road this side of EUR40K and hopefully if I can get my mitts on a manual V6 the performance will be such that I can play with the wrx and audi tt boys.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dean » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:14 pm

Hehe settle down :)

Havent discussed the price yet :)
Might be able to beat ya down some more :)
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby soc » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:21 pm

Dean wrote:Hehe settle down :)

Havent discussed the price yet :)
Might be able to beat ya down some more :)

too true - it's just red is my fav colour and one of the cars is red :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:44 pm

I'm sure you'll love the manual V6, I know I do. I'll say it will be even sweeter as you've already had a tip so know what they're all about at this stage.

Judging on what the lads say over on the uk forums, I am not sure about taking on the WRX especially the STi's.

What are the two you're looking at and are they private or from garages? What price range are they currently?
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby soc » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:43 am

Ivan E wrote:I'm sure you'll love the manual V6, I know I do. I'll say it will be even sweeter as you've already had a tip so know what they're all about at this stage.

Judging on what the lads say over on the uk forums, I am not sure about taking on the WRX especially the STi's.

What are the two you're looking at and are they private or from garages? What price range are they currently?

1 private priced at 7600 - that's the manual GPX.
1 garage priced at 6950 - that's a tip GR.

I have a few others I have to ring about today.... but there is a manual GPX in kilkenny with 75k miles and they are looking for 9000 for it - suffice to say I aint travelling down to look at it at that price.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion