laguna 2 help needed

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

laguna 2 help needed

Postby eamop » Tue May 25, 2010 11:45 am

hi all i have a laguna2 with a problem the back doors are locked and cannot be opened with the central locking any body any ideas they cant be opened from inside either with the handles or the lock unlock button thanks
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: laguna 2 help needed

Postby colm_mcm » Tue May 25, 2010 12:28 pm

sounds like a problem with the electric child locks.

press the button to activate the child locks and see if the indicator light comes on.

Does your car have deadlocks - i.e when you lock the car with the keyfob, the doors can't be opened from the inside?
colm_mcm

Postby eamop » Tue May 25, 2010 6:54 pm

yes it has dead locks.By the child lock button do you mean the button on the centre console i've pressed that held it pressed theres a light that comes on at the back of the centre console but pressing it does nothing to open the doors
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby eamop » Tue May 25, 2010 7:00 pm

just had a quick look at the owner manual the child lock is linked to the window lock button but that does nothing either
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby colm_mcm » Tue May 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Presuming you have a model with rear electric windows, there is a button on the door for child locks which locks the rear windows and also activates the child locks.

picture of a child with its arms outstretched.

The button you described sounds like the lock/unlock button for all the doors.

It could be a number of things: water ingress on drivers door, faulty central locking module, faulty switch, wiring damage, key card issue.

Try disconnecting the battery for an hour and see if it does anything.
colm_mcm

Postby eamop » Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 pm

yeah i tried messin around with that button on the door but nothing happened i thought of water ingress in the door alright but never thought of damaged to the window switches as a cause i was thinking the central locking mechnism as it would control all the locks i think but i,ll try the battery disconnect but i'll need a radio code then so will get it tomorrow do you know of any irish renault owners clubs can only find a uk based one but getting no replies to my posts there
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby colm_mcm » Tue May 25, 2010 8:42 pm

maybe try the French section of Octane.ie or French Cars Ireland.
colm_mcm

Postby eamop » Tue May 25, 2010 9:15 pm

cheers colm again
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby eamop » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:01 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok lads update time engine problem is a valve in cylinder one is either stuck bent or chipped and a mechanics bill would be about a grand so not paying that gonna get the parts and do it myself with the help of a friend and the doors are showing up under a diagnostics as a ground to the rear door locks so either a broken wire or the rear locks are bunched it'll be fun trying to sort that out but at least i know the craic now so i can start to get it sorted
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:47 pm

you know what to do....
colm_mcm

Postby eamop » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:57 pm

quick update lads re the central locking problem.I had an absolute nightmare removing the drivers side rear door.i had to remove all the rear trim around the door and drivers door then remove the drivers seat belt to access the bolts holding the hinges to the body.After removing the hinges to the rear door i could pull the door out just enough to access the receiver for the rear door lock(u shaped bracket that shuts the latch on the lock)and using several drill bits i drilled through one side of the receiver (took hours and about 6 bits).after this i had to bend the receiver until it snapped allowing the door to come clear of the car.I now could remove the lock assembly from the door and low and behold it was in perfect working order and when plugged into the drivers door it locked and unlocked perfectly, and having already checked all the cables feeding the rear door and finding no faults this only left one possible problem the uch (located below the steering wheel on the back of the fuse panel) .Knowing this would be a very expensive repair and requiring the whole car to be reprogammed i decided against this and decided to try rewire the rear lock off the drivers door.so here goes.

firstle i removed both plug ins from the locks to examine the colour of the cables which renault in their inginuity coloured differently but the six cables where lettered a-f so after 3hrs of splicing cables together and drilling holes and hiding the new cables the rear lock was rewired and refitted and thank god it worked the back door now locks and unlocks with the driver door.There are however a couple of minor downsides to this ,as one push on the key card unlock button would usually only open the drivers door and two presses would be required to open all the doors, the drivers door, and rear door now open on the first press and a second is still required to open everything else (boo hoo like i care at least it works) and the child lock which is stupidly electronic no longer works (again boo hoo like i care) other then that a successful job still have to do the passenger side but learned on the drivers side so shouldnt take as long second time round i hope
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Other Cars