IDLE Stepper Motor

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

IDLE Stepper Motor

Postby steelroe » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:01 am

I have done some checking into this motor and it seems that the same motor is used on several of the mitsi range of vehicles. So if anybody needs to get one at any stage search the scrap yard before wasting good money on a new one. THe 2.0L GLSi Galant would be the best bet.

Rory
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby metric3 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:27 am

relax. might not need a new motor. try this.
1.Remove the motor and clean it out - get carb cleaner
2.As u remove it notice if any of the wires leading to it are frayed if so soilder.
2 Was my problem for 1 YEAR -Went mad trying to solve .Even with a complicatied car try the easy things firsts.

j
metric3

Postby CJ » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:38 am

Which reminds me, I must clean that damn stepper motor!
Useful bit of info there Rory as regards the Galant. I think you're elected to put a list together of parts that are similar throughout the Mitsi range ;)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:28 pm

Stepper Motor Diagnostic page, worth a look:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jaycom/logos/stepper.htm

On this note, I had a problem whereby when I disconnected the battery for any lenght of time and then reconnect, the car would cut out either after firing her up or when cruising to a stop at a juction or at the lights
I installed an amp in the boot today (which required disconnecting the battery) and low and behold, idle revs were messed up again. I took out the stepper motor, the plunger was filthy so I cleaned it up with WD40 and everythings back to normal. Rory, you might rememeber I was having this issue with the MIVEC controller installed, I must get the finger out and connect it back up soon to see if this was actually causing the problem.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General FTO Discussion